Concert Vita Uke

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Tho already sold, I am taking orders for these for delivery late 2015.

As seen here, these are usually made in Oregon myrtle and Alpine spruce or Englemann spruce, and are in my opinion, the pinnacle of concert ukulele. They have a high gloss finish:

and can be heard here:

Although I don't have a case for them, the readily available Ohana case is a good fit. Just one more shot of the back of these - next batch will be flamed myrtle or flamed Claro walnut.

Contact me at pete@petehowlettukulele.com to start a conversation or make a booking fee to get in line.

Thank you and happy Christmas from Wales, UK.
Pete

Last edited:
Ahhhh, the new "Gold Standard" in vita ukes

Beautiful, I am getting in the queue!

I got one of the last batch and these are incredible. It is amazingly responsive, warm tone, unbelievable sustain for a concert, and loud. The workmanship is stunning. I have, and have had, some really great ukes, and Pete's work is at the very highest level. Anyone who gets one of these will be fortunate.

Please note:
These ukes will be 'builder's choice' models with very limited options for 're-specification'. I've added one set of flamy koa to the pile of 10 set aside for this project (the other is taken). I do not fit electrics nor will I fit PegHeds... I am also overseas here in the UK but have a 20 year track record exporting around the world with only 2 out of the 650 shipped damaged and just 2 stolen. I ship UPS fully insured.
Thanks for the interest already shown. Emails replied to already
Pete

Please note:
These ukes will be 'builder's choice' models with very limited options for 're-specification'. I've added one set of flamy koa to the pile of 10 set aside for this project (the other is taken). I do not fit electrics nor will I fit PegHeds... I am also overseas here in the UK but have a 20 year track record exporting around the world with only 2 out of the 650 shipped damaged and just 2 stolen. I ship UPS fully insured.
Pete

Pete does not use Pegheds but he does use the Gotoh Planetary tuners that go straight through. I like them better than Pegheds. Also he packs the uke as if it is being sent into a war zone.

Haven't you heard - the holds of cargo planes and land based distribution depots of most shipping companies are war zones :) It's also getttting to winter and I want the ukes to be fully insulated while in transit.

Pete,

Other than aesthetics, is there any sound difference between the mahogany sides and backs vs the Myrtle?

My brain is in the choosing formulation.

They all sound the same to me. This instrument defines itself no matter what woods are used. With this particular design, it is ALL about aesthetics.

Last edited:
I got one of the last batch and these are incredible. It is amazingly responsive, warm tone, unbelievable sustain for a concert, and loud. The workmanship is stunning. I have, and have had, some really great ukes, and Pete's work is at the very highest level. Anyone who gets one of these will be fortunate.

You are so right there. Pete made one for me a few years ago. It's the best uke I've ever played. It has a bigger sound and more sustain than my KoAloha and Kamaka tenors. It works fine with a low G if you so desire and I even like it tuned down to Bb with a low F.

Top Bottom