Tenor Guitar/Banjo Sub-Forum??

SteveZ

Reaction score
There have been posts from folk who have expanded into other four-stringed instruments, specifically tenor guitar and tenor banjo. The popularity of ukulele into larger sizes (tenor and baritone) also has a couple major ukulele makers (e.g., Pono and Kala) expanding their product line into tenor guitars, obviously geared toward current ukulele owners looking to expand their capabilities. This has spawned more questions/comments on UU concerning these 4-string instruments. Additionally, the banjolele leads into comments about banjosas well.

Is there any interest or forum potential of/for a subforum dealing with tenor guitars/banjos, especially from a ukulele-centric viewpoint?

Yes, I think it's a good idea. As you mentioned, there does seem to be an expanding interest in other four stringed instruments. I myself, just moved into the tenor guitar and it would be nice to have a sub forum for a place to discuss that interest.

While I think tenor guitars and tenor banjos are great, there are other forums that address them. No sure a uke forum should make room for them. Perhaps in Groups?

BanjoHangout has considerable discussions about banjoleles and interesting off-shoots on topics like Cocobolo,vintage instruments and excellent tech support. The Community is a little reactionary and very humerous. I think UU might benefit from a cross-over type of forum. Might bring in more uke interest. UU is definately more mellow.

Top Bottom