Alulu mini uke

fowl

Reaction score
Has anyone played one of the 17 inch Alulu ukes that taisamlu has on Ebay item #381077085290 ? If anyone has any experience with them, how do they compare soundwise to a Tom uke?

They look cute and are cheap. That's less than I paid of the Tom which was very unexciting. It would be hard for them to be worse than the Tom and still approximate a ukulele. They probably aren't very good either. If you don't want to spend a bit more for either Kala pocket uke or an iuke - both of which are probably better - and you want to try a mini uke those are probably good enough.

I actually have a Tom. Like you I was not too impressed. It said it was supposed to be tuned like a soprano. I tuned it up three notches to E tuning. To my tin ear it now sounds pretty nice. I just wondered if anyone had tried an Alulu and had a comparison of the sound quality. I thought it might be fun to play with someone.

I had a quick look at the Alulu mini ukes although I have't bought one myself. From looking at them I suggest that they are from an outside supplier to Taisamlu (Alulu brand). They're not built to his usual quality from what I can see but they could still be decent. Bruceweiart is selling some Pocket Ukulele's that ARE made with the same timber and same standards as his larger ukulele's so they would be worth a look. More expensive of course.

Anthony

Top Bottom