Eleven months of YES!!! Ukulele is my hero...

Ukejenny

Reaction score
Well, our little group has been together for 11 months, since starting in January, and we have had a blast! We played our last performance of the year last night, Friday.

I just can't believe it!!! Ukulele has made such a big difference in my life. In my actual life!!!!!! It is an amazing instrument, an amazing gift to the soul, so much fun. Many of the people in my uke group have had a similar experience - uplifting and positive. It is a great group of folks.

Next year brings more performances and more UBA members and friends coming to visit during our jams, and more fun. I can't wait until our next uke fest. The future looks bright!

And for me, personally, I think 2015 will be the year of finger picking melodies and getting my fingers sorted out with the strings. It is time.

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHP:
Good for you Jenny, I'm sure 2015 will be even better, as music grows with you and time.

Hope you get to attend a Ukefest or two as well.

Aloha, :shaka:
Ivan

through out my life I have tried many different instruments. I've taken piano lessons, learned the bass clarinet in middle school, and bought a guitar in my mid twenties. I fairly liked them all but when I strummed an ukulele for the first time, I can't explain it. It was some sort of instant connection to my soul. Some obsessive warm, fuzzy feeling that has yet to pass. I wake up eat and sleep ukulele these days. These days when I have nothing to do on a weekend and just stay home, I don't feel bored anymore. I actually enjoy just playing at home and relaxing.

"Some obsessive warm fuzzy feeling that is yet to pass". Great line seoulukulele........sums it up perfectly. It both brings and gives great amounts of joy, who could ask for more.

I know that playing the Uke and singing in a group has opened up the world of music to me in my old age. It has inspired me to take online courses in music theory. Strumming and singing in a group gives you a good feeling when things are going well and gives you a real sense of satisfaction when you work out a difficult bit togeather as a group.
If you are not in a group I would recommend it.
Congrats Jenny on your efforts to start a group and keep it going.

Congrats Jenny! Sometimes with my uke group I think it's about the music. But then I'm constantly reminded that it's really about relationships and sharing. Hope your momentum continues in 2015!

Congratulations! From the title of the thread, I thought you were going to be playing "Roundabout" or something.

Top Bottom