FS: Collings Tenor UT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

katysax

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD

For sale Collings UT1 Tenor. Tenor plays great and is in Very Good condition. There is some shininess from playing on the body and a small indent on the lower bout. Looks and plays great. $850 shipped CONUS.

Sound Sample: https://app.box.com/s/tqocxjrtn0juezmk5058

Last edited:
That's a really good price on a Collings Katie. If I didn't already one yours would be mine.

Sam, you're on it!!

Case included, Katysax??

You know, I don't like to disappoint. I played a Pono without a radius and a KoAloha and a Kanile'a tonight and have to say FOR ME ... I won't buy a Uke without one ... so this is excellent!

Any chance you could show the "small indent" mentioned in your description? Thanks!

The dent is visible in the second picture down. It is on the lower bout slightly above the high G string. The uke does show some wear, mostly as some shiny spots. It plays great and looks great. You have to look closely to see the wear but if you are looking for a pristine Collings, this is not it.

Nothing beats mahogany.

Nothing.

Coolkayaker1, what are qualities you like about mahogany? I am a long time guitarist and new to ukes, and hsve not played any mahogany ukuleles. Bruce

Coolkayaker1, what are qualities you like about mahogany? I am a long time guitarist and new to ukes, and hsve not played any mahogany ukuleles. Bruce

Hi, Bruce. Great question. Mahogany, being stiff, adds to the staccato, percussive sound of a small soundboard, like a uke. Many will argue that cedar and spruce and even Koa make for lovely soundboards, and they do. But to my ear, 'hog is crisper and louder and more in line with what a ukulele should sound like. I think this is less the case the bigger the soundboard, such as on guitars (although some fine guitars are 'hog), which require a more pliable (softer) wood to reverberate well (the metal-wound strings do help, though...lol).

You will hear as many variations of my sentiment as there are moons of Jupiter. So, only my take, aculadd. You may be able to speak for 'hog guitars, and I would like your take on those, certainly. Thanks in advance.

FWIW, those string ends are supposed to be tucked into recess in the bridge. Check out the Collings website on how to change strings. It seems insignificant, but actually it's not. There's a hole where you put the cut off remained after the knot. It helps keep the thinner strings from pulling through the slot.

duk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom