The Spongebob Ukulele

Neither of them are as cool as they could be. A Spongebob uke should be rectangular, like a cigar-box uke.

JJ

I totally want that SpongeBob Pineapple Uke! I gotta figure out how much shipping is to the California first.

Why?I think it looks cool.

pTRU1-4866678reg.jpg

Almost as cool as The Brady Bunch ukulele

5c72_1_sbl.JPG

Last edited:
Cheaper than a Mahalo - I wonder what the shipping is? I think playing ukulele is dangerous. All this time I've been happy with one bass, what has the ukulele done to me?!

I tried buying the flying V but the shipping was going to be $60 to VA! I passed :(

I tried buying the flying V but the shipping was going to be $60 to VA! I passed :(

They have the plain one at Toys R' Us. You could see if they have it at your local branch, or if they don't, they might be able to order it for you so you'll just have to go to the store for it. I don't know if Toys R' Us does that, but a lot of big chains do, so there's a pretty good chance it does.

My daughter bought me a spongebob uke for Christmas. It is very cool but the action is a bit high and it goes out of tune easily. The tone is dull and it has little or no sustain. Also, it sounds horrible when played beyond fret 4. Having said that, it is a cheap MDF toy with a heavy paint job so what can you expect. New strings did little to improve matters. All that said, it's not too bad, really.

Hear what it sounds like (with a little electronic tweaking) here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLebCUutY_Q
Tony

Casetone, I fell in love with it because of your vid! (I'm claire btw)

Hi Claire

I love my Spongebob uke (mainly because it was a gift from my daughter) but it is no more than a toy, really - a lot less playable that a Maholo. Glad you liked the vid.

Tony

Top Bottom