Dream Uke!

Hankthetank

Reaction score
I don't know if this question has been asked before or not but I was just curious what your dream ukulele is. If money was not an object, what would your dream uke be? Would it be a custom uke or a factory uke? Who would make it? And what about it would make it your dream ukulele? Or if you already own your dream uke, please post pictures.

I am newer to the ukulele world and am using your responses to open my eyes to different companies and custom makers out there.
Thanks

My dream uke:

Concert

Oregon myrtle top
Oregon claro walnut sides/back/neck
Wide walnut rosette
Myrtle binding top/bottom
Walnut purfling on top
Ebony fingerboard/bridge
Myrtle face plate on head with paua cross inlaid
Paua fish-shaped marker dots
geared tuners
pin bridge

I would have it built for me, of course...not sure who would do it...it's just a dream uke at this point...

my dream uke is whatever DOm plays, the homemade one tho that thing is soo rediculous the action was incredible, yep thats what i would want to play

ok cool yea that one is really really nice like i got to hold it and was like...well u can imagine. i saw one with the hawaiian islands as the soundhole, badass that would be a fine uke to have as well, but dom's is definatly #1

I'd get a super-concert made out of all solid koa with a cocobolo fretboard and inlaid jellyfish fret markers. Otherwise, not too picky. Probably would have Chuck Moore build it for me. :D

I want a domo uke The sound hole can be his mouth and the wood would have to be koa. I think the best shape would be pineapple.

Last edited:
I have another dream uke that's actually within my price range. A Kala KA-BE mahogany electric baritone uke. I saw it in MGM's store, and I want one sooo bad! Unfortunately, my uke budget is backed up quite a bit (resonator, risa stick, microphone, mainland banjo (when it's released)), so it'll be a while (several months). It's so unfair! :wallbash:

Last edited:
Top Bottom