FS: ...just in time for Christmas, The Ghost

L'Ukes Lutherie

Reaction score
The Ghost.jpg full back.jpg are we there yet.jpg on the tree.jpg tree detail.jpg

Due to a reversal of fortune, a customer was forced -at the last minute- to back out of a commissioned sale. He's a real nice guy, and I don't blame him; he just got handed a big set of problems that a new uke ain't gonna fix. I wish him the best.

So, for the first time ever (please be gentle) I am going to try something I said I'd never do: Sell something online!

Up for grabs is a recently completed, all custom, cigar-box soprano ukulele, 100% scratch-built from scraps, garbage, and junk.

It's named The Ghost, and to see lots of pictures, and a complete build sheet with waaaaay too much information, go here:

https://app.box.com/s/355xznsfqw40cix432ot

The commissioned price was $1500.00. I've already refunded the deposit, and to encourage a quick sale, I am offering The Ghost at $900.00, with a custom-built (duct tape & corex) hard case, free shipping, and a 30-day unconditional money back guarantee (buyer pays return shipping, should it come to that).

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have, and I will post a link to a sound sample this evening, just as soon as I can get home, record one, and figure out how to upload it... wish me luck.

Have Fun! -Luke

Interesting... Good luck!

The inlay, which might have caught your eye, is not mother-of-pearl, abalone, shell, stone, glass, or any other such thing. It is (or was) a compact disc. In this case Symphony No.9, Op.95 , by Antonín Dvořák, the “New World Symphony” split apart, distressed, and re-glued before being hand-cut into my trademark Fleur-de-Lis.

Last edited:
Top Bottom