Conference attendees attempt ukulele world record

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
94188353.jpg

More than 900 attendees to the La Quinta National Conference at the Hilton Hawaiian Village today set what is believed to be a Guinness world record for the largest ukulele ensemble.

More info and video at the link.

Looks like they gave away a bunch of the toy ones, as evidenced by the ones sitting on the empty seats. Cool deal :shaka:

I doubt it was a record, I imagine some standards must be met....and this group had no idea how to play. It was not a gathering of ukulele players...but hotel workers/service people. You see in the video, that people have no idea what they are doing.
The record should read "900 people attempt to play toy promotional ukuleles after 2 minute lesson"
Cool party favor though.

That is awesome! Even if they weren't ukulele players, that is a great way to spread the love. If just 5 percent of those 900 people get interested enough to learn more, that's FORTY-FIVE new ukulele players to go out and make the world a little brighter.

Plus it makes us now have to break their record.

Sweet deal.

this group had no idea how to play.

I thought it was pretty funny how that one guy in the clip was just sitting on a C chord for the whole song. :p

A similar record was set for accordions a while ago. The record was for the largest number of accordionist playing a recognizable song. They couldn't just clam their way through it. (The song chosen was, of course, "Lady of Spain".)

JJ

Top Bottom