official AAR of 1st SDRepresent! jam session

NukeDOC

Retired Mod
Reaction score
for those that dont know AAR is "after action report"

if you have some pics that i dont have up, PM me the link to where the pics are hosted and ill add them to the post here. also, if you have any suggestions for the next jam session, post them up here as well so i can make preparations toward them. thanks to everyone for coming!!!

my account of the day...

so just so we didnt get there toooo early and really regret it, bugoy and i packed the stuff up and hung out at guitarcenter for a couple hours hehehe. we got to the spot around 4pm. that was still waaaaay too early. but i didnt want to take a chance at looking stupid by setting up a jam session bonfire and have no fire pit. haha.

dafamcallsmebj showed up a little later. so we started to jam a little. then wearymicrobe passes by. just so happened to be finishing up his jog. so he left and came back later. around 6pm there are about 6 of us sitting around a small fire waiting for people to hopefully show up early. then comes 8pm and soliman had to leave. it was too bad, because around 815pm everyone started to show up.

from here ill just let the pictures tell the story. but before that i want to say thanks to rayan and aldrine for giving us a call and saying hi to show their support. also, i must give a BIG THANKS to bruddahmark for all his participation and getting everything rolling. he went around to everyone and made sure they knew the chord progressions, he showed his talent with his facemelting solos, and just an all around cool bruddah. if i can say one thing... i truly believe that everyone that participated in some way in those jams walked away a better uke player. i know i did. i know bugoy did. we need to do this again!
UkuleleUnderground2-29-08002.jpg

UkuleleUnderground2-29-08001.jpg

UkuleleUnderground2-29-08003.jpg

UkuleleUnderground2-29-08004.jpg

Looks like you guys had a great jam. Mann I wish the one I've been planning could work out but it seems mostly everyone's busy. Hopefully we can arrange one over spring break. You got any vids you guys jamming?

Looks like you guys had a great jam. Mann I wish the one I've been planning could work out but it seems mostly everyone's busy. Hopefully we can arrange one over spring break. You got any vids you guys jamming?
mike carreon was taking some video. i am subscribed to his page so check his page out. hopefully the vids will go up soon.

Those pictures are some of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen. This is EXACTLY what Ukulele Underground is all about. Thank you everybody who showed up to the first UU meet up! Thank you Arvin(nukeDOC) for arranging it. The next one you guys have, UU will sponsor it so you guys will have some snacks and drinks and hopefully some free stuff to take home.

If anyone else anywhere else in the world wants to organize a UU meet up, PM me. We'll try to help you anyway we can.

Thanks to everyone for showing up. I feel like there was at least 10-15 people with ukes at one point....anyone count? I was stoked to just watch everyone jamming. There was some real talent there! Some good voices too.. BJ and Arvin....among others..

So..when is the next jam??

We should all agree on 3 or 4 songs to learn in advance so when we all go in to the jam session, we can play along. I felt bad because I was learning the chord transitions to a couple of those songs while everyone was playing..and....I was killing it....in a bad way..haha.

Maybe a BBQ even next time. Adult sodas maybe next time...just no under-age consumption of course..

Again....thanks everyone........SD represent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeh.....I introduced myself as Nate.....wearing the AIRMERICA black hoodie. My girlfriend was there too...

Peace..

man thats great u guys had a get together i wish i was able to go, or even jus have one around my area. Any vids?

vid to be on youtube shortly

yo everyone. good jam. great jam. nothing short of spectacularly pantastic. must do again sooooooon. i do have footage of that night and am in the process of making a montage of some of the highlights and plan on adding some of the pictures. everyone that is in this thread will be in the credits. i am simply going to put up ur username somewhere in the vid. video is to be up on the youtube very soon. i ll let you all know.

BJ goood sheeee.

NUKEDOCCCCCCC GOOD SHEEEEE

San Diego Represent

. stay tuned .

yo everyone. good jam. great jam. nothing short of spectacularly pantastic. must do again sooooooon. i do have footage of that night and am in the process of making a montage of some of the highlights and plan on adding some of the pictures. everyone that is in this thread will be in the credits. i am simply going to put up ur username somewhere in the vid. video is to be up on the youtube very soon. i ll let you all know.

BJ goood sheeee.

San Diego Represent

. stay tuned .

Excellente! Let us know when you post! Thanks

Ok so lets start seeing some suggestions for the next one!!! I know Micro suggested that we post up some chord progressions for everyone to learn so by the time of the session were all on the same page. i think thats a great idea. We can also suggest songs to learn as well. but we'll always have honey baby! haha! so lets hear 'em guys. lets make the next session 10 times better!

OBTW, i wanted to say thanks to Ryan and Aldrine for making a guest telephone appearance! that was pretty awesome!

Last edited:
Ok so lets start seeing some suggestions for the next one!!! I know Micro suggested that we post up some chord progressions for everyone to learn so by the time of the session were all on the same page. i think thats a great idea. We can also suggest songs to learn as well. but we'll always have honey baby! haha! so lets hear 'em guys. lets make the next session 10 times better!

OBTW, i wanted to say thanks to Ryan and Aldrine for making a guest telephone appearance! that was pretty awesome!

this is true...
that way we could just be like okay... ur turn!!
hahaha

BJ goood sheeee.

San Diego Represent

. stay tuned .

thanks bro!!!!
cant wait to see the video!!!

This is totally awesome guys! This is like a dream come true for everyone here at UU! We've always had a vision for the new wave of ukulele players, and this was part of that vision.

This is only the beginning guys! Like what Ryan said, Let us now how we can help out with the next one! We'll try to help you guys out as much as possible.

Keep jamming everyone!

Top Bottom