HI*Sessions

PukahPants

Reaction score
Aloha everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this so I figured this would be the best place to post.

Many of you are familiar with the YouTube channel HI*Sessions, but for those of you who are not, here is an over view of the channel (sorry it's a bit long).

HI*Sessions is a project that began in 2011 by Dave Kusumoto and Jon Yamasato. HI*Sessions is not just a YouTube channel or a TV show, it's a movement of artists and a growing fan community. The idea is to provide intimate, live music performances to the world. This is done by utilizing Dave’s video production experience and Jon’s rolodex of Hawai'i’s top talent.

HI*Sessions has been around for a three years now and we have made a name for ourselves in the Hawai'i music scene. We have an overwhelming amount of artists who are asking to be on our show, and we want to continue to provide our services to the music community. It takes a lot of manual labor to produce video/audio content on a regular basis. The funds raised will help with administration costs, video production/editing, audio production/editing, update our equipment, and will allow us to expand creatively and improve on our product.

Many artists benefit from being on HI*Sessions because they are able to use these high quality music videos to further their careers. This benefits the entire Hawai'i music community as a whole, and also exposes fans to new and old artists that they love. We are so fortunate to work with some of the best musicians in their respective genre, and we hope to continue to share their music with the world through our show.

I'm sharing this with you because I know there are enthusiast here who appreciate music and watching videos like those from HI*Sessions. I, like those of you out there, can honestly say that this channel has helped musicians continue perpetuating the art and has greatly spread music from Hawai'i all over the world. I’d like to see this continue and see this group of individuals not only succeed, but also continue sharing the art to the world.

With that being said, HI*Sessions has started a Kickstarter and I am asking for your help. Here is a video of the Kickstarter and please follow the link to checkout the page and the updated rewards.

http://kck.st/1sulKjI

A little goes a long way and I hope to see this succeed.

Mahalo,

Lance

I supported this a couple of days ago. I really appreciate the high quality sound/video that these guys and gals produce. Much respect to the HI*Sessions crew and hope that through this campaign the great work can continue.

Been one fan since its inception . . . great music, high quality vids showcasing the talents of local musicians.

I am very grateful that this thread was posted. I have really enjoyed Hi Session and have shared their videos with a number of friends who would not be exposed to this music other wise. It was a privilege to donate.........best of luck.

Been one fan since its inception . . . great music, high quality vids showcasing the talents of local musicians.
I agree. Love the show. Was sort of disappointed with the non-specific kickstarter video. No Mention of goals, why want the money other than to "just keep it going". The most successful Kickstarters state, specifically, what they will use the money for. (An example being Taimane's latest--but some are even more specific, like, I want to buy this camera sort of thing) ). Again, love HiSessions, Lance. Big fan. Maybe you can mention it to Jon and Dave. (is that Dave's place in the indoor videos, btw. If so, he should be Kickstarting me! Sweet! Where is that, Kaneohe ? )

Would be a pleasure to support Hi Sessions, amazing shows and talent, I dont reconize your name, are you affliated with them or just spreading the word for them..

If you looked at the link to Kickstarter, I'm pretty sure Lance is the guy in the back of the picture holding up the drum sticks. You could say that Lance is the man behind HI*Sessions and you would be correct. Sort of.

I agree. Love the show. Was sort of disappointed with the non-specific kickstarter video. No Mention of goals, why want the money other than to "just keep it going". The most successful Kickstarters state, specifically, what they will use the money for. (An example being Taimane's latest--but some are even more specific, like, I want to buy this camera sort of thing) ). Again, love HiSessions, Lance. Big fan. Maybe you can mention it to Jon and Dave. (is that Dave's place in the indoor videos, btw. If so, he should be Kickstarting me! Sweet! Where is that, Kaneohe ? )

I believe the next update will address the specifics and clear up some of the confusion.

The Kickstarter video is at Daves place, and the videos with the amazing backgrounds of the Ko'olaus is in Kaneohe.

Are you a friend of Dave?

And to everyone watching and supporting, mahalo nui.

Last edited:
Would be a pleasure to support Hi Sessions, amazing shows and talent, I dont reconize your name, are you affliated with them or just spreading the word for them..

Yes and yes. I am part of the team and spreading the word.

I've been a user here under a different name back a few years and have visited every now and then since then, however not as much as I'd like.

I've been playing the ukulele for about 24 years and you can pretty much say that music is my life. I love to share my music and help others learn as well! I find that this site is so "on top of things," that before I can answer a question that someone has, it has already been answered but several :)

Anyway, it's great to see a great community...wish this was around when I was growing up.

If you looked at the link to Kickstarter, I'm pretty sure Lance is the guy in the back of the picture holding up the drum sticks. You could say that Lance is the man behind HI*Sessions and you would be correct. Sort of.

I am a part of this team, however not the guy holding the drumsticks (nice guess, :) ) I'm not seen as I'm behind usually helping with the set and sound.

Yes and yes. I am part of the team and spreading the word.

I've been a user here under a different name back a few years and have visited every now and then since then, however not as much as I'd like.

I've been playing the ukulele for about 24 years and you can pretty much say that music is my life. I love to share my music and help others learn as well! I find that this site is so "on top of things," that before I can answer a question that someone has, it has already been answered but several :)

Anyway, it's great to see a great community...wish this was around when I was growing up.
Ahhhh Lance... great to have you back here...no shame post sometimes and no be a lurker.. :)

Ahhhh Lance... great to have you back here...no shame post sometimes and no be a lurker.. :)

Thanks, I will try to be more active. Love your quote btw, it is exactly how I feel. Music is a gift and should be shared with others :cheers:

Eh Lance, I know you guys ste busy an stuff but like Stan sed, drop in wen you get chance. No shame brah!

Thanks, Lance, for your replies. You gentlemen and ladies do a fantastic job. I don't know Dave, but I like his place! I thought you all were in Kaneohe-ish area.

Is your show on TV in Hawaii? I think it was, and hope it still is. :)

That Pure Heart reunion is going to be astonishing! Did you already record it? Big fan of the group.

Thanks, Lance, for your replies. You gentlemen and ladies do a fantastic job. I don't know Dave, but I like his place! I thought you all were in Kaneohe-ish area.

Is your show on TV in Hawaii? I think it was, and hope it still is. :)

That Pure Heart reunion is going to be astonishing! Did you already record it? Big fan of the group.

Thank you! The Ko'oolau backdrop is set in Kaneohe.

And yes, we are still filming in Hawai'i, and I think it'll continue that way.

The Pure Heart set was awesome! I wish that everyone was there to witness it. If you're from the island, I hope you got to check out the Jake and Friends concert earlier this month. And yes we recorded the reunion, however I am not sure when or if it'll air.

Thank you everyone for being encouraging. Makes me wanna make some music...sadly I can't and am off to work.

I'm sure, like others, will get inspiration throughout the day and will play some music tonight.

Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom