Amahi ukuleles?

DSmusic

Reaction score
I've never heard of them before. I was browsing a local music store's website. Seeing what they have in their store, and seeing what is the best ukulele for the money ($100-150). And I came across Amahi Snail ukuleles. They look really nice from what I see in the picture. And pretty reasonable prices. But I don't know anything about them. Anyone ever heard of them or played one?

Never heard of them, then again there are too many brands to keep up with. Here's their website and FB page.
POC: 7605 Production Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45237
(888) 262-8471
amatisfine@msn.com

I own one. I like my snail. It was the best sounding uke in the store I bought it from.

After some searching i found some videos of them on YouTube. Their listed as just Snail ukuleles not Amahi. So I don't know what that's all about. It might be like Fender and Squire. But either way they sound really nice. Better than a lot of more popular brands I've listened to.

Funny coincidence that this thread was started today. I actually tried out a couple of these, this morning. The first one had a sound port and it was very pretty. I liked how it sounds, too. I can't remember if it was soprano or concert. I think it was a concert.

The second one I tried was just as pretty and sounded good. It was a concert. I did noticed that the neck was not comfy. I could feel the ends of the frets and I did not like that. It felt sharp. I didn't notice that with the first one. If I ever bought one of these I'd want to make sure it had a good set up because I suspect they can be a little hit & miss on some details.

I own one. IMHO, they're a great value!

I don't own one, but I've tried several of them out, all had been setup. I found them to be a little on the heavy side, and quiet. They're nice looking, but I just didn't care for the neck feel. One of them which I guess is supposed to be a satin finish, felt rough, as though some more sanding was needed. I didn't feel that they stood up to the Kalas and Ohanas in the shop where I was. Like I said, I liked the way they looked, or I never woulda bothered playing them. Several of you say you love them, maybe I'll give em another chance.

I think I'm going to check them out at my local music store after Christmas. They also sell Kalas, so I'll check them out too. As far as sharp frets, that's no big deal because I always have them set everything up for me.

Top Bottom