Jake Shimabukuro and Tad Nakamura in LA Yesterday

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Jake Shimabukuro and director Tad Nakamura were at the Japanese American Museum yesterday for a fundraiser. They showed Life on Four Strings, did a fun interview and then Jake played for about 30 minutes. It was a very small venue, which made it all the better. My wife originally did not want to go (she likes to listen to instrumental music but is bored watching it), but alas, she decided to go after all. Guess who jumped into line to have Jake and Tad sign a DVD of the movie we already own in digital format? ;)

View attachment 74287View attachment 74289View attachment 74290

At the same time yesterday, I participated with the U-Space Ukulele Club in the Japanese American Cultural Center holiday hula Aloha Kalikimaka show at the Aritani Theatre on their campus just a couple blocks away from the the Japanese American Museum. While preparing to get started standing in the U-Space room, Jake came in to say hi to the proprietors and wished us all a good show, which we did right back to him. Great moment, and I was so sorry I wasn't able to see him perform.

Top Bottom