Wanted: K-brand long neck concert (trade preferred)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seonachan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm on the lookout for a good super concert, preferably a K-brand or similar quality. I've never played any of the Big Three so I don't know which I'd prefer, though I imagine I'd be happy with any of them. I'm finding I like the sound of concerts & sopranos more and more, but I have a hard time with the comparatively cramped fingerboards as compared to the tenors and baris (and guitars) that I'm used to.

At the moment I have too many ukes and too little cash so a trade would be ideal. Here's what I have to offer:

- Beltona concert resonator
- Covered Bridge mahogany concert

I've previously listed the Beltona for sale here. I can provide pics and details of the Covered Bridge upon request.

Last edited:
Hello,

I maybe the man you're looking for. I have a Ceniza long neck concert, all koa. It's comparable to all the K's and was made by a famous family here on Oahu. It was made under the influence of Sonny D, a famous maker. The neck is surprisingly comfortable, thin and easy to handle. The sound is very bright and typical of Hawaiian koa uses. Pua Pua here in Hawaii and Hawaii Music Supply evaluate it at between 600 and 700. It is actually a collector's item that will gain value as time goes on. The makers are no longer alive. Go to Flea Market Music Marketplace and scroll down until you see Ceniza long neck concert. I can give you several references to attest to its quality and sound. I am interested in your Pono and Kala in particular.

I'm retired in Waikiki but was a member of the Berkeley Ukulele Club for over five years. I'm a retired teacher. I have narrowed my playing down to tenors and baritones. I have a very nice Kanilea K-1 tenor.

Sorry, I thought I had sent a private message. See above.

heh -- ditto for me (per my entry of 10:45). but I think I might have goofed in the sending of mine...if it didn't get thru feel free to prod me and I'll send another...

I've got some interest but I'm bumping this up as I'm willing to do multiple trades for any/all of the above-listed ukes - wouldn't mind having a couple of long neck concerts to compare!

None of the potential trades came through, so I'm still looking. I've updated the original post to reflect current trade possibilities (Beltona resonator and Covered Bridge mahogany concerts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom