WTB - Vintage solid mahogany Soprano Ukulele OR Ohana SK38 Or a Ken Timms

Ukador

Reaction score
Hello there !

I am looking for a nice solid mahogany SOPRANO Ukulele. Preferably at least 50 years old. A SK38 from Ohana or any Ken Timms would be ok too :)

I live in Germany so you have to offer worldwide shipping.

Best wishes and merry christmas
Daniel

Last edited:
I have a Nakanishi soprano from 1980 that I have been thinking of selling. It is a close copy of a Martin 3M. PM me if you would like to discuss it.

I got an sk-38 from Mim a few months ago and I am in love with it. Highly recommended. She did a great job with the setup and shipped it to me very quickly. I'm not sure if she has more at the moment, or if she ships internationally, but worth checking out! Look into Mim's Ukes.

I highly recommend Ken Timms, worth the time to wait for.
Sigma will have a new uke line, I think it is better than the recent Martin S1, and cheaper. (I have no experience with Ohana)

Last edited:
Sorry to thread steal, but what is the difference between a Timms s0 and a series s1, atteenuke?

No problem. If you have further question lets talk in PM.
The difference is mostly cosmetical, S1 has some binding around the body, as the vintage Martin mahogany style 1. My two Ken Timms are quite similar in tone and dynamics, but both has its own individual.
Mr Timms sometimes makes different constructions, like 17 fret or Nunes copy, but mostly you can see S0. Even the S1 is rare. And I saw some S2 sold, but they went for bigger money. The Ohana SK38 is an S2 clone, anyway. Although it has bigger soundhole as i see.

Ken Timms makes an excellent copy of the Martin style 0 in England. The Martin S1 is made by Martin, I think in Mexico. My Martin C1K is made in Mexico and is an excellent instrument.

Ukador, that Sigma seems to be a copy of the Martin style 1 and may be a great choice and available in Germany.

Sigma seems like a no brainer to me, since you're in Germany and they are too, not that you're settling at all.

Top Bottom