62 Years Later

vcs700s

Reaction score
I am brand new to the forum. A little background.

I turned 62 4 days ago on December 21. I am a new uke player as I have only been playing a little over two months.

My Dad was in the Navy and I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. Today, I ordered a KoAloha uke from HMS. KoAloha ukes are made in Honolulu.

It seems somewhat ironic to me that I spent my first two years in Honolulu and now I am going to be playing a uke made in the same place, albeit 62 years later.

By the way, although I have played guitar and bass I find the ukulele the most fun musically I have had. Loving it!

I will post pics when I get the uke- a soprano with a tenor neck. This is the perfect combination that I have been looking for. Thank you HMS and KoAloha. I can't wait to get it!

Those tenor neck sopranos are interesting--definitely post a NUD thread once you get yours. Happy playing and welcome to UU!

Welcome! Please do post the pictures when you can.

Welcome, and thanks for the story. KoAlohas have a wonderful tone and sustain. Enjoy your ukulele.

Aloha, for a newbie you sure made the right decision going to HMS and getting a KOaloha....must have had to do with you being born here to recoonect..
Happy Strummings....yes the uke is a very much fun instrument you got it right on all counts

I played the Soprano Ko'Aloha's with the tenor necks....good choice they sounded nice and the fretboard makes them a breeze to play....:)
congrats!!

Top Bottom