NUD - Romero Creations Tiny Tenor

Brad Bordessa

Reaction score
I got a Tiny Tenor from the FedEx man on Christmas Eve (I tried writing this then, but the power went out)!

It is brilliant. Pepe Romero figured out how to fit the scale and top surface area of a tenor into a concert sized body. The Romero Creations line are production 'ukuleles made in Vietnam, but each one is inspected by he and Daniel Ho.

The build quality is great. The finish is beautiful, the frets are clean, and the internal bracing is immaculate.

Best of all, it sounds good! It's a bright, snappy sound, but not unpleasant. It has Worth clears on it now I think so some Savarez Alliance strings or something similar might sound better until it opens up a bit.

I'm not usually too excited about most ukes besides my workhorse, but this one has a unique function and is fun to play. Haven't seen much love for these on here so I thought I'd share.

Here's a quick video I made for sound reference:

Happy new years to you all. May we all find bountiful love and happiness this year!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Brad. Congrats on your new uke and nice playing. Little Drummer boy has always been a favorite of mine.

Aloha Brad....

if you like the tiny tenor..you should try a Blackbird Clara..composite E-Koa....super deep tones and you can take to the beach and leave in the car etc....but no wood on the uke.....and they only make concert size.....

Last edited:
Happy new year to you.

I like that, it has a nice sound to it.

I have a silly question though as I'm new to the forum - what does NUD mean in the thread title please?

Happy new year to you.

I like that, it has a nice sound to it.

I have a silly question though as I'm new to the forum - what does NUD mean in the thread title please?

No shame in asking cause at one point none of us knew what it meant. NUD = New Uke Day

Sounds great Brad. And way to "hack" your way through "Little Drummer Boy". :)

Aloha Brad,
Merry Christmas, and mahalo for the video, congratulations on the new Christmas gift, it sounds great man... happy strummings :)

Tiny Tenor is definitely on my list to play. They sound good and nice design. Thanks for sharing. I saw video clip of Pepe, yourself and James Hill. Good discussion.

Nice to see a Tiny Tenor is some talented hands. It's a great little collaboration between Daniel Ho and Pepe Romero. And I really like your version of Little Drummer Boy. I had not heard that one before. Is there a tab somewhere for it? Maybe if I start now I'll have it halfway playable by next Christmas or more likely the one after that. ;-)

That sounds great. Is it the spruce rosewood version?

It says on the Romero Creations site that spruce is paired with mahogany, but it looks like rosewood. I'm not so sure.

Nice to see a Tiny Tenor is some talented hands. It's a great little collaboration between Daniel Ho and Pepe Romero. And I really like your version of Little Drummer Boy. I had not heard that one before. Is there a tab somewhere for it? Maybe if I start now I'll have it halfway playable by next Christmas or more likely the one after that. ;-)

Thank you. My friend sang a groovy version of Little Drummer Boy like that at one of our gigs and I liked the vibe. So when I got the uke I eared out an arrangement that sort of captured the feel. No tab, sorry!

Hey Brad, thanks for the answers on the PM. Romero Creations is now making that with rosewood back and sides, HMS now has them in stock. At one time it was only all koa or sruce and mahogany. Yours sure sounded great.........might have had something to do with the guy playing it too:p

Great sounding Uke and loved the arrangement of Drummer Boy...on my 'to be stolen' list!
Merry Christmas!

They've come a long way; it sounded very good. I played one of the first Pepe-built Tiny Tenors at Ukulele Source and I wasn't that impressed. I love my Pepe (normal) tenors, though.

Top Bottom