FS: KoAloha Pineapple Sunday Ukulele with Fishman Matrix Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

experimentjon

Reaction score
KoAloha Pineapple Sunday Ukulele with Fishman Matrix Infinity

Asking Price: $OLD $1245 + Shipping (OBRO)

I have listed this on Oahu Craigslist and prefer a local sale because I prefer that the buyer can see and hear the instrument in person. But I am willing to ship this as well ($60 shipping to ConUS via USPS priority insured and I'll cover any amount over that.) Therefore, I am listing one of my favorite ukuleles for sale here as well.

---------------------------------------

Grail ukulele package for sale here! Certainly one of the most unique ukuleles on the market! When I started playing ukulele, I remember seeing the Pineapple Sunday for the first time in a Waikiki store and knew that I had to own it one day. A few years later, I finally got the funds to buy one. That was an outstanding day. I have enjoyed this instrument ever since. But now, because I am going back to school, it is time to send this to a new home.

I would describe the sound as being very similar to that of a soprano ukulele—not particularly complex but certainly charming and very traditional. However, the tenor neck offers you all of the comfort of a longer scale and all of the frets you need to play the most complicated riffs.

A Fishman Matrix Infinity pickup has been professionally installed by KoAloha. I love this pickup because it includes tone and volume adjustments easily accessible from the edge of the soundhole. As the instrument is slightly top-heavy, I also had a strap button professionally installed.

The condition is excellent because I take care of all my instruments—and because at one point, I had so many (think two-dozen-plus) that each would only get played in rotation. However, note that there may still be some minor signs of use. The original hang-tag is also included.

There is some slight dishing between the sound hole and the bridge that does not appear to affect the overall structural integrity or function of the ukulele. At the factory, they do a demonstration where you can stand on the top of an ukulele and it will support your whole weight. The top is laser-engraved. The sap-wood on the sides (one single piece that wraps around) adds a nice accent.

I am also including the Pro-Tec case (concert size) which fits perfectly. This case is the best case I have ever owned, short of the $350+ Ameritage cases that I currently use for my tenor-sized instruments. Heavy duty, perfect for stacking, and lots of storage room. It's unfortunate that they have discontinued this case.

I don't want to sell this ukulele, but know that I must as I have already sold most of my collection. This Pineapple Sunday has made the final five—so you know it's a good one.

Ukulele Street Price: $1400
Fishman Matrix Infinity Pickup Installed: $250
Pro-Tec Heavy-Duty Case: $100
Total: $1750

Last edited:
Jon,

Bee-yoo-tee-ful!!! If I didn't already have a PS that Pops gifted me when we visited back in 2012, this would be the one I would purchase.

The use of sap wood on this one is such an awesome way to set this instrument off.

You big dummy. Keep this and sell something else. ;)

Ah, I'm down to just five ukuleles, including this one. It was difficult even to decide to list this one for sale! But alas, I can only take one instrument with me to the mainland. I'm selling a lot of my favorite knives too because the places where I have been admitted happen to have strict knife laws. Well, that and the fact that I'm trying to minimize the amount of student loans I'll need.

Ah, I'm down to just five ukuleles, including this one. It was difficult even to decide to list this one for sale! But alas, I can only take one instrument with me to the mainland. I'm selling a lot of my favorite knives too because the places where I have been admitted happen to have strict knife laws. Well, that and the fact that I'm trying to minimize the amount of student loans I'll need.

Gonna run the train off track--where are you going? Guessing somewhere in California from the sounds of the strict knife laws. Come to Kentucky! A couple of great law schools (believe it or not) and you can arm yourself to the teeth with knives (not that you'd really have to). PM me if you want to not derail this any further.

This one is laser cut. Pops switched to this method because embossing is so much harder. However, he changed hos mind and went back to embossing. Might make this a collector's item to the right person...

Which CA business school are you attending? (I'm an alum of one.)

I haven't made a final decision on which school yet because I'm still waiting to hear a decision back from one school (Berkeley). But as of today I have been admitted to Chicago Booth and Columbia. I'll need to make a decision & deposit by early Feb.

But because I don't leave until Aug, I have more time to think about whether I should sell any of the remaining instruments in the collection--I'm leaning toward just keeping those in HI with my parents since they'll probably never depreciate.

Last edited:
Best of luck with your school decisions and future endeavors. I got my MBA a few miles south of Berkeley (in Palo Alto).

Hope you bring and play some ukes while you're in school. You can always explain that you're emulating Warren Buffet (or vice versa).

And good luck selling your instruments...

Last edited:
Bump to the top. Just heard good news back from the final school and this ukulele is still for sale.

But because I don't leave until Aug, I have more time to think about whether I should sell any of the remaining instruments in the collection--I'm leaning toward just keeping those in HI with my parents since they'll probably never depreciate.

Business lesson 101: Hawaiian K brands tend to depreciate significantly.

That said, it may have significant sentimental appreciation in value to you; you are young, but as we get older, things from our youth and young adult life we yearn for once again. (Unintended alliteration there...lol)

Enjoy Berkeley. A great town.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5InHcgARfg

Just sold my second-to-last ukulele in the for-sale stable yesterday, so bumping this one up. This is the last one I'm looking to sell. Especially if someone is visiting Hawaii, I can be flexible on the price.

And sold to the visiting UU member who was in the last hours of his Oahu trip and swung by my place to pick up this ukulele.

Guess that's the last ukulele I need to sell. And now, I'm left with just four. It's kind of crazy to think about how much my collection of stuff has shrunk since I first started applying to MBA programs--so much excess. It feels good to be getting down to the bare essentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom