WTB Kamaka or KoAloha Soprano

justin13

Reaction score
Budget of $400ish (maybe a bit more for the right uke) message me if interested

I bought a "builder-blemished" soprano directly from KoAloha. It was in the $400 neighborhood including shipping (but no case). They sent me pictures (close-ups) of two 'ukes and let me decide which one to send. If I showed you the 'uke, you probably wouldn't notice what they considered a blemish. They guarantee the 'uke for life and it follows the 'uke and not the the original buyer.

Give them a call to see if they have any available.

Edit - Purchase date was fall of 2013

Last edited:
Wow - great idea. Thanks for the insight. I'll check it out.

patience grasshopper

It's so hard...I have a couple of good leads. Interestingly, KoAloha did not have a great price on the blemish when I called. Maybe they didn't like the way I sounded...

patience grasshopper

What Phil said!

I bought this one http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...maka-Gold-Label-Soprano&highlight=kamaka+gold for $400 shipped.

Since I have not played it much I was going to message you to see if you'd be interested in buying it. When I got it out of the case and played it a bit I realized that it sounds and plays great and I could not part with it.

Be patient, you'll find your Kamaka, they come up here and on the Flea Market. You'll be rewarded for your patience with a nice uke!

Keep looking diligently, it's worth it.

I bought my Koaloha new but waited, rather impatiently I have to admit, for a used Kamaka that fit my dwindling budget. However, the wait was definitely worth it!

Ooops, didn't skip to the end, PM'd you re: a Kamaka at a super price that probably needs too many repairs for you....several cracks.

Last edited:
I'm happy you found one.

If you start to look again, I have a soprano White Label Kamaka I never play.... rescued from Arizona. Original strings......

Scott

Top Bottom