TOM ukuleles, anyone...?

drbekken

Reaction score
Just bought a laminated sapelli TOM concert ukulele on eBay. Anyone who knows anything about this brand? The uke looked good, and was inexpensive. May be a bummer, but I may also be lucky. What do you think? Info appreciated!

That looks interesting. Let us know how it sounds/plays when you get it.

cheers

rusty

Aloha Dr,
Long time no hear.. great to hear from you...yes set out a video please....woo hooo

I was impressed when I first heard a Tom played. Pretty nice sound for a very inexpensive instrument. I can't wait to hear you play it, doctor.

I was impressed when I first heard a Tom played. Pretty nice sound for a very inexpensive instrument. I can't wait to hear you play it, doctor.

Aye brother. Couldn't have said it better. Bring it Doc. Can't wait.

Tom is a Chinese uke brand focusing on the lower-end China market.

I have a Tom thin line tenor. I've really enjoyed playing it. The intonation was good out of the box and while it is not the loudest uke (most likely because of thin thinner body) it has a nice tone. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Tom uke. image.jpg

Here's my Tom TUT-200E with my Kala KA-TE. I have Aquila low G strings on the Tom and it's pretty bassy. It is a nice looking uke but I do prefer the Kala a little more. They get played almost the same amount of time though. It was certainly worth the $100.
image.jpg

Top Bottom