FS: Favilla Baritone Ukulele, circa 1960, Style B-2 w/ case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
Up for sale is my excellent condition Favilla Baritone Ukulele, circa 1960, Style B-2, Serial Number: 174362. The finish is all in tack, there is no observable wear. This instrument, which has no dents or scratches, produces warm rich tones. The finish has some slight crazing and there are very light strum marks on the upper bout. There is a tiny edge ding on the lower bout, and an end pin location mark as seen in the pictures. Still, this is about as nice as a Favilla Baritone as you might find. Price includes ukulele, original (?) hard case (black chipboard case with a blue felt interior, good serviceable condition). I'm also including a new set of Living water baritone strings.

I am trimming down my number of ukes, so this incredible sounding baritone is up for sale. This Favilla Baritone has a wonderful and resonant tone with plenty of sustain. I love the sound of this uke, but I just don’t play baritone.

Recent sound sample with Martin strings: https://app.box.com/s/9akj739w7efve96j1nom

Asking: $350 + shipping.

Here are the specs:
• Solid Mahogany body and neck
• Rosewood Fingerboard and Bridge
• Original nut and compensated saddle
• 19" scale length
• High gloss finish
• Custom case included
• Strung with Martin baritone fluorocarbon strings.

P1070119_zps9042e57c.jpg

P1070125_zps94cd45ed.jpg

P1060571_zpsf418e4d1.jpg

P1070126_zps0afdc59a.jpg

Last edited:
If you are interested, I have a longneck Koaloha (a 2nd) with home made case to swop. I bought it from the late musicguy Mike...... I have too many longneck sopranos. Proposal: Outright swop, and we negotiate how we are going to send it to each other?? If you are interested we continue on e-mail? Keep Well and happy new year!

If you are not acceptting the first offer I will buy it Hodge PM sent. Thanks

Last edited:
If you are interested, I have a longneck Koaloha (a 2nd) with home made case to swop. I bought it from the late musicguy Mike...... I have too many longneck sopranos. Proposal: Outright swop, and we negotiate how we are going to send it to each other?? If you are interested we continue on e-mail? Keep Well and happy new year!
Thanks, that's a great offer. But I'm really looking to sell and not trade.
Happy New Year!

If you are not acceptting the first offer I will buy it Hodge PM sent. Thanks
Thanks Dave. Sent you a PM.

I love those Favilla bari's. They look and the part, but are hard to come by on this side of the pond. Too bad. Whoever buys this will have an awesome baritone that can rival a Martin anytime.

I will buy it if the pending sale doesn't go through

I will buy it if the pending sale's backup pending sale doesn't go through.

I'll pay more and then re sell it to Dave for him. He has been crying about missing this one and Steve has too many Ukes already.

So if you would like to get paid its then I am your man, Hodge.

Oh, and if you have anything with a radius I'll take that one too. ;)

I was going to contact Dave and say "BUY THIS!!!" so if you lose contact with him PM me! Also I'm the latest in line even though I have a Martin bari and don't need any more. Thanks, and Happy New Year!

am ready to buy. will you accept paypal?

Welcome to UU. Seems we are all a little late to the party as the seller has told me it has been sold.

sam13 and Teek........thanks for the kind words and support, guess it was not meant to be, Gianinni still rocks:music::music:d

Welcome to UU. Seems we are all a little late to the party as the seller has told me it has been sold.

sam13 and Teek........thanks for the kind words and support, guess it was not meant to be, Gianinni still rocks:music::music:d

Yes. It is sold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom