Ukulele work question

Reaction score
Hi there, so here's my situation: I bought a ukulele off amazon (lesson learned) and it has too string buzzing problems for my liking. I took it to a couple different music stores and had the action raised up in a desperate attempt to fix my brand new ukulele. Now my fear is that amazon won't refund the ukulele since it isn't in it's oroginal condition. Now my question is: should I just leave the pieces of wood under the saddle or should I remove them myself? If I should remove them, how do I safely go about doing so? The music store guy did raise the action up twice.

My wife and I are Amazon sellers. We have to take just about anything back for any reason. People return books and their reason for return is they didn't find the story interesting. Just send it back.

Amazon will take back as long as its sold and ship by amazon and not a 3rd party seller.

as long as the pieces of wood under the saddle is not glued then just release tension on the strings and remove the wood under the saddle.

to be honest if your music store had to raise the saddle and still didn't fix your buzzing that's just a bad luthier and hope you get your refund. also you want a low action and not raise the action for playability.

if your buzzing is coming from an open string most likey its coming from the nut. the nut slot must be larger then the string diameter so to fix it I would tension the sting a hard angle from the nut lot to tuner peg. either left or right as long as its tension is strictly on one side of the nut slot with all its tension if possible.

if your getting buzz from barring chords then you need a leveling job on the fretboard most likely.

but I say return it and order from HMS. :)

Amazon holds 3rd party sellers to the same return standards.

Top Bottom