Final US Air Travel Rule

SteveZ

Reaction score
This should be a sticky! We seem to have a new thread every two weeks about this...

Can anyone see anything new here? Instruments must fit under the seat or in the overhead bin unless you're lucky and they have alternate on board storage available. We're really at the mercy of the gate agent/ flight crew.

Can anyone see anything new here? Instruments must fit under the seat or in the overhead bin unless you're lucky and they have alternate on board storage available. We're really at the mercy of the gate agent/ flight crew.

It all looks the same to me, I've been carrying on a travel guitar or a ukulele, and my carrying on her u-bass for years. This seems to me to be the same old same old (although one of the documents is dates as updated on 12/30/14).

The provision for training gate/agents / crew on the final rule is a plus.

stupid popovers. go to visit that site and the first thing it does is block access to the content and ask for site feedback although I've never seen this site before in my life. how rude!

They did state that "as space allows," which basically means that if you're travelling with a guitar and your in Group 4 for boarding, you may be out of luck.

Rats. I guess I'll have to leave the piano at home now! (as well as my pet elephant Jumbo!) hehe

Petey

As I read it, it's a good thing: all airlines must allow small instruments to be carried on. No more variation from one carrier to another. Sure the "as space allows" provision is there but it was always there. For ukes it's easy: They can always fit under the seat if necessary. If you've got a guitar you may run into difficulty since most will not fit the overhead nor under the seat. But that's life and makes sense. Buy a real good case and check them. (I cringe as I say that but really...a guitar as a carry-on?

Top Bottom