NUD - Loprinzi Model 3K Longneck

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
Just received this Loprinzi 3K Soprano Longneck. I'm impressed with the attention to detail of this little beauty. And I absolutely love the neck profile - a bit thinner then my Collings which I've grown to really like.

I immediately changed the Aquila Nylgut strings for some Fremont Blacklines (I was tempted to throw on Aquila Reds right away, my usual go to, but opted to try the Blacklines first).

I will do a full review with better pics after I've had some more time with it, but the early read is quite promising and I wanted to share my excitement.

View attachment 74612View attachment 74613

Wow. Really pretty. Looks like joined at the 14th fret? Nice.

Now there's a coincidence. I put Fremont Blacklines on my LoPrinzi soprano only a few days ago, and they have really made it sing.

That is absolutely outstanding, stunning really.

sam13 is on holidays so I will ask for him...........radius neck???? :rofl:

Very, very beautiful, I have not tried a LoPrinzi yet, but looking at your gorgeous specimen has put them on my radar.

gorgeous! bet those blacklines sound really nice on there...

I was just thinking about those blacklines sounding great on that uke as well.

Congratulations! Donna builds one fine instrument....two of my firends bought Concert models last year, and they are just beginning to open up and sing! I'll tell them about the Freemonts.

Thanks, All.

@DownUpDave, haha, no it's a flat fretboard.

I have a Loprinzi so of course I knew the fret board was flat...............but we got to keep the heat up on "radius sam" .

Gotta say it again, beautiful instrument, one of the nicest longnecks I have seen. I bet it sounds fantastic, is it new or previously loved :eek: Mine took about two months to open up but I swear to god over about a one week period it went from real good to great. Just so much more resonance.

Last edited:
@DownUpDave, it's new. And while I find it to be an exceptionally attractive 'uke, the tone is really something. Not a barker, much more rounded and balanced to my ears.

Top Bottom