Playing the Ukulele outside is nice!

SLOuker

Reaction score
Winter is releasing its grip here in Slovenia and yesterday was about 56 degrees F. I stepped out onto the balcony with my Uke, felt the sun on my face and smelled the clean warm air.

Strummed a few chords and played a couple of songs.

It seemed to really fit. The nice warm air and the sweet sounds of a Ukulele.

Andy

There is nothing more calming for me than to sit in the sand at the beach and play my uke. It's my therapy.

At least one day out of a week... I would drive to a park close to my work and practice. I get funny looks sometimes but it is very calming playing out in the sun. Now if I can get enough courage to sing too:D

i can't wait for the summer, where i'm going out to greece sailing. i can just imagine the uke, with the bars, yachts, sailing and the beaches. man that would be my heaven:D:smileybounce:

I picked up my first uke towards the end of 2008, I also have been trying to tropicalize my back yard the past few years & hope to put some finale touches this spring (pics in my profile), any way I know what you mean about the feeling of playing outdoors and my uke seems like it will be a great finale touch. :)

I'm looking forward to June. I'm heading off to Kruger Park in S. Africa to do research for my thesis project (I'm looking at the effects of fire and elephant damage on small mammal communites, for those who are interested :p). I'll be there for 2 months, and I really can't wait to play uke (and hopefully jam) with the other researchers at the research outpost around the fire at night or while just hanging around during the day. :shaka:

Yep seems spring is in the air.....

It was a wonderful 46 and sunny here in Denver yesterday which always makes it feel warmer till a cloud blocks the sun!!!!

I was out on the back porch strummin "My Little Grass Shack" enjoyin a Mai Tai when the next door neighbors wife steps out and starts doin some Hula moves.... turns out there is a Hula School here in Denver and she is taking lessons. Now I need to learn "Lovley Hula Hands" for her to dance to!!!!

I told the other half she needs to go take lessons.

WOW Toucan that is a nice yard... I'm turnin a little green here!!!! Wish I could do something like that here, oh well guess I just need to get started on that basement Tiki Bar.

Last edited:
SLOuker said it playing outside is cool.

my stairwell to get outside makes a cool sound
but its raining so i think ill stay inside.

cant wait for summer to jam at the beach

SLOuker said it playing outside is cool.

my stairwell to get outside makes a cool sound
but its raining so i think ill stay inside.

cant wait for summer to jam at the beach
I live at the beach. Today my band practiced in my drive way and tonight I have a sunburn......it feels good!

I live at the beach. Today my band practiced in my drive way and tonight I have a sunburn......it feels good!

Sure, Sally -- rub it in. It's kind of hard to get a sunburn when it's 16 degrees. Too cold for me to be outside. I am jealous.

Enough of the "nice" weather talk. :wallbash:

If we are lucky it might get up to 40 (F) on Thursday. Yes, we are stupid to live here. But it keeps the cockroaches at bay.

You must have wimpy cockroaches. I used to live in a place about a half hour north of here filled with roaches. If it got cold they killed some mice and made little fur coats.

sounds sweet...:uhoh:

I was wandering back home last night at 11 pm. I played the Uke in the abandoned main streets of my city (which is actually the capital of our federal state in northern Germany. something around 90k citizens...) I played the Uke till my fingers got to cold to play any further. But it was really nice. I don't think there is a better acoustic than the one you get on a brought, deserted street in late winter!

sounds sweet...:uhoh:

I was wandering back home last night at 11 pm. I played the Uke in the abandoned main streets of my city (which is actually the capital of our federal state in northern Germany. something around 90k citizens...) I played the Uke till my fingers got to cold to play any further. But it was really nice. I don't think there is a better acoustic than the one you get on a brought, deserted street in late winter!
Bathrooms have nice acoustics......now if we could build a bathroom on a deserted street in late winter, in Germany, with hand warmers......

Top Bottom