Spanish Ukulele songs?

manuel

Reaction score
I am trying to looking for ukulele songs to play in ukulele.

I have found El Mariachi, Guantanamera and La Bamba.

Do you know where to find more spanish ukulele songs?

THank you

Search your favorite Spanish songs in guitar tab, Manny. The chords will be the same. I'm sure I could make you ukulele sheets on songs like Quizas and La Casa Mas Bonita del Mundo. Search guitar tab for Little Joe, Emilio Navaira and Selena. Siempre que te pregunto... Ric

Last edited:
But a guitar have 6 strings, do you know any universal conversion method to use guitar chords with ukulele?

But a guitar have 6 strings, do you know any universal conversion method to use guitar chords with ukulele?
A "C" chord is a "C" chord, no matter what instrument you're playing it on...guitar, ukulele, piano, etc.

Craig is correct, Manny. If you play a guitar, put a capo on the 5th fret. Anything you finger on the guitar after that will be in the same scale (different octave) as the Ukulele. The chord shapes are the same on a uke as they are on a guitar. With a uke tuned GCEA and a guitar tiuned EADGBE, the fingering:

An A on a uke fingers the same as an E on a guitar

A B on a uke fingers the same as an F# on a guitar

A Bb on a uke fingers the same as an F on a guitar

A C on a uke fingers the same as a G on a guitar

A C7 on a uke fingers the same as an G7 on a guitar

A D on a uke fingers the same as an A on a guitar

A D7 on a uke fingers the same as an A7 on a guitar

An E on a uke fingers the same as an B on a guitar

An F on a uke fingers the same as an C on a guitar

A G on a uke fingers the same as an D on a guitar

A G7 on a uke fingers the same as an D7 on a guitar

Here's a transposition wheel (circle of fifths) to change keys:

http://ukuleletonya.com/files/transposing_wheel.pdf

To demonstrate the chord shapes:

Ukulele Chords and guitar Chords have the same fingering on the Fretboard:

It's the same 12 Fret Octave. The Chord shapes are the same. Try This on Guitar:

[G][G][G] [C][C] [D][D][D] [C][C] [G]Hang [C]on [D]Sloopy, [C]Sloopy hang [G] on

Now, using the IDENTICAL FINGERING on a GCEA tuned Uke:

[C][C][C] [F][F] [G][G][G] [F][F] [C]Hang [F]on [G]Sloopy, [F]Sloopy hang [C] on

Try playing Wild Thing, to the same Chord progression.

Try playing Louie Louie, to the same Chord progression.

Try playing How Does it Feel, to the same Chord progression.

Do You see the Pattern? It's the same basic 1 4 5 Rock 'N Roll Progression that You can play Hundreds of songs to, with the same fingering as You are used to on Your Guitar. Try it and Enjoy!

Ukulele Tonya has a nice chord chart and lesson plan, here:

http://ukuleletonya.com/files/beginner_lesson_pkg.pdf

Thank you for your fast answers Ric and Cpatch...

May be there is software that can help to translate songs from guitar to ukelele notation.

Casetone:
Nice flash application. This is a good idea to learn and practice ukulele for novice users. ANd they have lots of songs!!! I will use.
Thanks a lots!!

Ric:
Thx i found played with ukulele here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJUDaljj8j8

Samwise:
Yes Guantanamera is a cuban song.

Ric, Quizas is actually in a minor key during the verses and then switches to the major in the bridge.

Here's the basic progression in the verses ...
Dm / / / | Gm / A / |
Dm / / / | Gm / A / |
Dm / / / | Bb / A / |
Dm / A / | Dm . . . | (there's usually a little break after that Dm)

The bridge alternates between A and D (D major).

:shaka:

Casetone:
Excuse me my novice questions, maybe i am doing an stupid question, but how i will know what strings to play. Its very clear where to put fingers on frets, but what about right hand? what string can i know what to play?

THank you

Chan Chan Compay Segundo

Hi Manuel

Try chords Dm F Gm A for Compay Segundos Cuban classic.

'De alto cedro voy para Macane'

I may be wrong but what I think you are asking is how to fingerpick the "melody" single string/note line of a song? maybe?

Now we know a F chord, a C7 chord are the same no matter if it is Ukulele, Guitar, Banjo of what ever the stringed instrument is.
It is just the finger positions that change, not olny for one instrument to another but for different tunings also, as in gCEA to aDF#B on a Uke the fingerings are different for a given chord shape.

To take a peice of sheet music for guitar and strum the chords all you need is to finger the F or the C7 and so on no matter what instrument or tuning you are using.

Now to be able to fingerpick along with strumming chords that is a little different...
What you can do is take the piece of sheet music and a music scale examlpe is in the "key" of F and make the "tab sheet" or just note the string finger placement.

I took a coulpe of pictures of some sheet music for the examples one is of a guitar sheet music showing the fingerings for the F chord and C7 chord, one is of the F scale and the other is from Jumpin Jim's book of the song "Tiny Bubbles" showing the Ukulele shapes gCEA tuning and that I "cheated" the tab for the fingerpicking (right hand) of the song.

You will notice that some of the notes from "Tiny Bubbles" are not on the given scale that is where I strum the chords, but I did tab them out by just using the first notes that match the words.

Hope this helps.

Pics
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/album.php?albumid=236

Last edited:
Unless you absolutely have to play in the same key, just play the guitar chord shapes, minus the extra strings.

It says C as 332010 and you play 2010. Sure it's F on a uke, but the pattern is the same even if the key changes. Later on your can use the transpoition wheel to get it back to the right key if you wish.

Ric, Quizas is actually in a minor key during the verses and then switches to the major in the bridge.

Here's the basic progression in the verses ...
Dm / / / | Gm / A / |
Dm / / / | Gm / A / |
Dm / / / | Bb / A / |
Dm / A / | Dm . . . | (there's usually a little break after that Dm)

The bridge alternates between A and D (D major).

That resolves nicely, Stackabones. Gotta' love Nat! Ric

Thank you for your fast answers Ric and Cpatch...

May be there is software that can help to translate songs from guitar to ukelele notation.

I know that www.chordie.com gives you an ukulele option for chords. Get yourself an ukulele chord chart and then look up your favorite songs with chords. then look at your chord chart and jam. It is much easier than the guitar by the way. What part of Spain are you? I would like to move to the barcelona area in a few years after puerto rico.

toubisard:
Thx i will try.

haolejohn:
I live in cordoba ( on weekends i move to malaga on the beach) , at south of Spain. Let me know if can help you when you come to Spain.
I have seen chordie.com and i would like to know how to get ukulele tabs for this song:
http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.ultimate-guitar.com/print.php?what=tab&id=391458
I cant see the option to get ukulele tabs there.

ichadwick:
I would like to know why in the tabs are not specified what strings to play with the another hand. Only appear string to be touched in the frets. I have seen some songs are playing all strings and other only some i think should be only the string played at frets. So i want you confirm if this information is not specified in tabs. SO for 2010 should i play the A and C strings?
thank you

Top Bottom