NUD: KoAloha Naupaka Tenor (half mango/half koa)

joeguam

Reaction score
I posted this thread a month ago as I was fascinated that KoAloha Ukulele (one of the three "Big K's" ukulele builders in Hawaii) decided to produce a model with mixed tonewoods for top/back/sides: Mixed tone woods...

A week later, KoAloha (@koalohaukulele) posted a video Christmas contest on their Instagram page to win one of these tenor "Naupaka" ukes that has mango and koa wood alternating around with each piece of their top/back/sides. Their only requirement for the contest was that it had to be about Christmas and it had to be creative.

My wife and I - expecting our very first child due Jan. 30, 2015 - entered a video...and we won! Click here to see: Our "creative Christmas" video entry. Click here to see: KoAloha's video announcing the winner Christmas morning.

We're so thankful and appreciative to KoAloha Ukulele for the wonderful Christmas gift. It has already been decided that this ukulele will belong to our firstborn when he/she has the skill level to play it appropriately. We don't know our baby's gender, but if it's a boy, his name will be "KEANO" - which is derived from "UKE" and "PIANO"...the two primary instruments of my wife and I.

Happy Holidays everyone!

f55c408a581b533dfd289898aa95ddf3.jpg

789af65c4be7c884922cbbde90f21b36.jpg

This is my wife Jackie waiting at our scheduled check up at the birthing center, just after I picked it up from the post office.
590a7fc82e560cf7723735b2bfe8815d.jpg

I also installed a K&K Aloha Twin (bought from AGF sponsor Shoreline Music) the day it arrived so I can use it at my next gig.
b7bd71f8253a878d6bf151b9302561cf.jpg

Congrats on the winning video, the new uke, and expecting your first child.

That's a wonderful story, congratulations on all the luck you are having!

How wonderful! What a great instrument for lullabies for the new baby.

Congratulations! Everything about this is awesome! :shaka:

That video is priceless! I think you can't ever sell the 'uke, it must be passed on to your child somebody, along with the video. Enjoy the new 'uke and get ready for a wild ride. Parenthood is the most amazing experience.

Congrats on the new uke and I hope the birth of your child goes smoothly! :shaka:

Joe Guam, this is Jin from Father Duenas. Congrats on the new Uke and good luck with your baby che'lu.

Congrats on the new baby....and the kid too!
Hope your new young un is a uker!

Thanks everyone, my wife and I have already decided that this uke will belong to the baby when they have the appropriate skills to play it. We're so excited!

Top Bottom