I want this uke!

FadaBullet

Reaction score
index.jpg

Wasn't there a machine you could buy which would create the chords, just by pushing down buttons? Arthur Godfrey might have been a proponent of them....(Fading memory here.)

If so, for Elvis to use one seems a bit cheeky. Shouldn't he have learned the chords?

Yes, I want that uke too.

FADA, are you a tube radio fan? I have a FADA in my kitchen. Not a bullet, but it is a 40's Bakelite tube unit.)

Last edited:
Wasn't there a machine you could buy which would create the chords, just by pushing down buttons? Arthur Godfrey might have been a proponent of them....(Fading memory here.)

If so, for Elvis to use one seems a bit cheeky. Shouldn't he have learned the chords?

Yes, I want that uke too.

FADA, are you a tube radio fan? I have a FADA in my kitchen. Not a bullet, but it is a 40's Bakelite tube unit.)

Yeah you're right I've seen one of those machines before. You just attach it to the fret board then push a few buttons and it plays chords. I can't remember where I saw it though. I'm not sure Elvis would need it to be honest.

I'm no expert on collectable ukes but I've seen a plastic ukulele called the "TV Pal" that had a drawing of Arther Godfreys face on the head stock (now there's an idea I would never have though of!) and what was called a "Chord-a-matic" I believe attached to the neck with rubber bands. Pressing one of the chord buttons would cause any number of plastic fingers inside the box to create the chord. Perfect for those struggling with that difficult C chord! Anyway, I agree with the previous posters, that's exactly what it looks like to me.

I didn't want to "pile on," especially because its Elvis...and somebody told him to play it...

But you'll never see me with my own face on my uke...

Kinda like wearing a T-shirt with your picture.

I used to collect radios about 25 years ago but I sold them.Many of the ones I used to own now reside in my friends collection(below).

Radiodrome24-1.jpg

Radiodrome20.jpg

Radiodrome22.jpg

Last edited:
But you'll never see me with my own face on my uke...

Kinda like wearing a T-shirt with your picture.
I don't know, that could be kind of funny with the right slogan:

"I Love Redundancy"
"Wanted"
"Missing"
etc.

Ok, so now I gotta get a drawing of me (painted on the uke) of me pulling my foot outta my mouth.

Still, yours is a drawing. Elvis has a darned photo. Kinda makes you feel badly for him. Like the scene in Forest Gump where Forest's mom has all that ping-pong merchandise with his picture on it.

HaileISela: My bad.

Top Bottom