Song Help Request song tutorial translation from guitar to uke

trink423

Reaction score
There's a tutorial for a song on guitar that I would like to learn for the ukulele but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around how to translate everything from a guitar over to a uke. Would someone with more skill like to tackle this and help me out? Thanks in advance!

Here's the YouTube vid:

Well, this isn't music I'd want to get involved in, sorry, but by way of some help (I hope) the chap on the video makes comprehensive reference to which chord shapes he's using, as though the guitar didn't have a capo fitted. I'd suggest finding yourself a chart of guitar chord-shapes, so you know which fingering he's using, and tuning your ukulele down one whole tone (two frets) so's it's tuned FBDG, then you'll be able to play along with the video in the same key. Once you've got yourself organised like that, you can re-tune your ukulele to it's normal tuning if you wish.

I do realise that he'll have a low fourth string, whereas yours will probably be high, so things may sound a little different, but if (when?) you get to grips with the tune you should be able to make suitable adjustments, or even get a low 4th string for your ukulele.

Hope this helps :)

Top Bottom