Tuning a Uke with New Strings - Newb Question

Deadbait

Reaction score
I just put on some new strings and am in the process of tuning them all in with my electronic tuner.

So while looking at my Snark sn-2, and turning the tuning keys all of these notes keep coming up until I reach the "G" on the "G" string and so forth.

So my question is: Is there a note progression that the strings go through as they reach their destination of G, C, E and A?

I would like to know, so I can figure out if I am getting close or not, or if I have gone past the correct note. I ended up getting it, but would like to know to be more educated than just guessing.

Thanks all.

It's just the alphabet looping round, with some sharps or flats thrown in...so (assuming the strings are all a few tones flat) the G will go though D,D# (or Eb depending on how the tuner has been set up), E, F, F# (or Gb), and then G. The C will go through F#, G, G# (or Ab) A, A# (or Bb), B, C. E will go through B, C, C# (or Db), D, D# (Eb) E. And A will go through F, F# (or Gb), G, G# (Ab) A.

And then do it all again tomorrow. But eventually they WILL settle down.:)

Thank you YorkSteve. That was easy enough.

and, until you get very used to the pitch of a properly tuned uke, i.e. the octave of the G, C, E and A ... wouldn't hurt to google "tuning a uke" and listen ... as your tuner will pass an octave or two (of G for example) before you reach the right pitch. did i explain this in a way that makes sense? have fun!

and, until you get very used to the pitch of a properly tuned uke, i.e. the octave of the G, C, E and A ... wouldn't hurt to google "tuning a uke" and listen ... as your tuner will pass an octave or two (of G for example) before you reach the right pitch. did i explain this in a way that makes sense? have fun!

I'll google it and see, thanks - d-trout.

Top Bottom