Larrivee to Start Building Ukuleles (Again)

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
Larrivee just announced on Facebook that they are going to start building ukuleles again. No other details such as when and sizes.

I hope they build a tenor this go-around. Their guitars are among the best out there.

If they do build ukes again I will buy one no matter what the size or wood type. My 10 year old Larrivee L-01 needs a little brother. That guitar, which is my only one, has not seen the light of day since I bought my first uke 10 months ago.

Thanks for the heads up on that.

Can't wait!

That's great news.

Wooo hooo!
Update from FB:
Jean Larrivée Guitars said "There will be four sizes available: soprano, concert, tenor & baritone. Mahogany top, back & sides will be default. Koa will be custom as will spruce tops."

Last edited:
That's great news.

Wooo hooo!
Update from FB:
Jean Larrivée Guitars said "There will be four sizes available: soprano, concert, tenor & baritone. Mahogany top, back & sides will be default. Koa will be custom as will spruce tops."

Thanks for the update Hodge.

Just got a very serious case of Larrivee Uke Lust. Tenor with spruce top and mahogany back and sides would perfectly match my guitar

My favorite guitar is an all mahogany forum 3 guitar. I love Larrivee's satin finish.

If they make an all hog satin finish tenor or concert, I would be in first in line.

Really depends on cost. I also hope for a radius fretboard.

That is wonderful news. I've own many Larrivee guitars, they have all been wonderful and the price have been affordable. Can't wait.

Although I do not own a Larrivee guitar, I have played many of them and they are great guitars. I'd love try out a a Larrivee tenor uke.

This is great news. My guitar is a Larrivee and if anything happened to it I would replace it with only a Larrivee.

My favorite guitar is an all mahogany forum 3 guitar. I love Larrivee's satin finish.

If they make an all hog satin finish tenor or concert, I would be in first in line.

Me too! Need a baby brother to match my all mahogany Forum III.

Jordan

On their Facebook page they've answered some of your questions. The fingerboards will be flat (traditional) and the series will start with 03 models with an MSRP of around thousand dollars. Also check out the GAS-inducing picture on Instagram (or facebook): http://instagram.com/p/xo6GEjyDWR/
I have an all koa US-10K which is fantastic. Currently no baritones in my collection so maybe I can use that as an excuse... ;)

additional data on Larrivee's new uke production

Great news!

On 1/15/15, Matthew Larrivee posted this additional overview on the Larrivee forum:

"We've designed 4 main body styles -- Soprano, Concert, Tenor, and Baritone. Default config is hog on hog, but there will be spruce tops as an option. Tenor and baritone are fan braced. They are dressed very similar to 40 series instruments, and the neck carve and heel are from the 40 series as well." All will be made in Oxnard.

Our family still has two Larrivee guitars, and we also used to own a Larri parlor. Both the ones we kept have wonderful balance across strings, VERY musical instruments. Talk has already begun over on the forum about possibly ordering a "forum" uke. This has occurred with some special-order guitars in the past. (One of our Larri guitars is in fact an all-mahogany forum guitar -- sweet.)

I have a all hog forum III guitar and it is one of the best sounding and playing guitars I have ever seen. I also LOVE the larrivee satin finish

Their guitars are excellent. Will look forward to seeing the ukes.
Bill

I have a Koa and Bearclaw Sitka Larrivee Parlour. It is a great guitar that I will keep for the rest of my life.

I would be very interested in a similar tenor Uke.

I love my Larrivee guitars, but sad to hear my ukulele will not be as rare as it is today.

I love my Larrivee guitars, but sad to hear my ukulele will not be as rare as it is today.

It will. The new ones are of a different design. A bit more plain with woods that are not as fancy (at least not stock). I am sure they will be great, but I still love the look of their older ones. And the playability. And the sound.

If anything, I would think the older ones will be a bit more treasured.

Bob

Top Bottom