Looking for new strings for my Sailor Brand concert

jjdejd

Reaction score
Thinking of changing the factory strings. Hoping to get a little more volume. I noticed someone recently changed the strings on their LoPrinzi to Fremont Black lines. Not familiar with the brand. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Thinking of changing the factory strings. Hoping to get a little more volume. I noticed someone recently changed the strings on their LoPrinzi to Fremont Black lines. Not familiar with the brand. Any suggestions? Thanks.

What strings did it come with and how do you like your Sailor uke in general?

What strings did it come with and how do you like your Sailor uke in general?

It's my understanding that LoPrinzi supplies their own strings. As for the uke, it's a little different than my other ukes. The clairity is really nice. It almost sounds like a guitar, but is a uke if you can comprehend that. Lol Not sure how to explain it , but the action and radius fretboard make it a dream to play. I just would like a little more volume. I also like the longer fretboard. I don't strum very hard when I play and that is some of the problem. I have a couple of KoAloha's and they are a fairly loud uke out of the box. I'm also looking into adding a pickup, but don't want to drill any holes. Looking at some of the clip on offerings. Just interested if any other SB owners have changed their strings.

It's my understanding that LoPrinzi supplies their own strings. As for the uke, it's a little different than my other ukes. The clairity is really nice. It almost sounds like a guitar, but is a uke if you can comprehend that. Lol Not sure how to explain it , but the action and radius fretboard make it a dream to play. I just would like a little more volume. I also like the longer fretboard. I don't strum very hard when I play and that is some of the problem. I have a couple of KoAloha's and they are a fairly loud uke out of the box. I'm also looking into adding a pickup, but don't want to drill any holes. Looking at some of the clip on offerings. Just interested if any other SB owners have changed their strings.

Maybe something bright like Aquilas?

I have two of them. They're great ukes. My spruce top loves Martin m600s. I have them on my SB soprano too. It gives it a bit more volume and a really nice feel.

Of course, its never going to be as loud as a KoAloha. They're as loud as they come.

I have two of them. They're great ukes. My spruce top loves Martin m600s. I have them on my SB soprano too. It gives it a bit more volume and a really nice feel.

Of course, its never going to be as loud as a KoAloha. They're as loud as they come.

Thanks Matty. Martins will be the first on my list. I'm on a quest ! Lol

Top Bottom