My first Uke modification!

SLOuker

Reaction score
So, on my "Golden Ton" uke, the bridge had a sharp edge that was rubbing against my forearm... I took a nail file to it and rounded it off a bit. Much Better!

Although I didn't mean to, the part that is filed down makes it look like it is "worn"... Probably higher resale as a reliced Uke! :D jk

Have you done any mods to your Uke? Mine is a cheapy Uke so it was easy to do... although if it was an expensive one and giving me the same problem, I probably would have done it too!

Andy

On my $30 Kay uke I've filed down the nut to make the action better, I've made it electric by adding a homemade piezo pickup, running all the wiring inside and drilling to accept the 1/4 jack. Sounds like a $45 uke at least!

I added a bottom strap button and a radio shack pickup to my Kala tenor. The pickup is OK, but I don't use it nearly as much as I thought I would. I also had to file down one fret, and I actually removed the saddle becuase the action was unplayable high and I couldn't afford to have it set up properly... then it was TOO low so I had to file down one of the frets... I guess that's how it goes. It sounds great now, though. Just the other night I had to file down one slot in the nut to fix the intonation on the G string...

do those count as mods?

What anomoly40 said. Mine sounds like at least a 60-dollar uke.:anyone:

Top Bottom