Hey, Which strings? I'm new

Chummy

Reaction score
Hya guys, Been playing the Uke for 3 years and am a high level keyboard player as well. I own a Soprano Laminate spruce top and Zebra on the sides and back. I've restringed it with red aquila nylgut or something like that I picked up from Ebay but the strings do not come naturally under my hand (they feel abit stiff and plasticky as I do alot of fingerpicking and some strumming).

I want new strings from Ebay, thing is in my country there's NO choices so it has to be Ebay, preferably low international shipping cost (Though I am flexible).... Also soft strings and ideal for picking and strumming fast.

Any chance you guys can shed some light? thanks ! :D

-chummy

Martin M600. Cheap, easily found, and give a nice punchy tone.

Martin M600. Cheap, easily found, and give a nice punchy tone.

I will third this recommendation. Another is Worth CL, stands for clear light=soprano gauge. They might seem more expensive but you get a double length so the price works out about the same. You could also try the Aquila nylgut (white ones) all three of these strings are smooth to the touch.

Last edited:
Fourth that for "value-minded" consumers. I've switched out the Aquilas on all my four-string ukes for either Martins or Ken Middleton's Living Water strings (they're flurocarbons, like the Martins, and they're excellent). They sell for about double the price of Martins, but are supposed to last longer.

Martins are on my Martins. I put Worth Brown's on my Shark and it came alive! They will be warmer sounding than Martins, Fremont blacklines might be worth a try too.

it really does depend on you ukulele. with all the aquila counterfeit strings running around there's a decent chance you got a counterfeit set. I personally suggest any of the above fluorocarbons anyways. martin m600's are fine. I like oasis the lighter gauge ones as well (2 sets per package).

Top Bottom