almost ready... new mango soprano

fretie

Reaction score
The uke will be done by next week.... and dropped off for me at my brother's place while I away soaking up the sun in Hawaii... I know, I know, it's a tough life... my life, littered with ukes! I'll be strumming my Koaloha on Kauai while my new baby Joaquin waits to welcome me back to the wet west coast!

Thanks Doug!

I know it's a pretty simple uke with no bling... a MB it is not! LOL. But still I'm pretty excited to know it's almost finished and am so curious to know how it will sound and feel when played.

That mango does look like a big slab of coffee cake that should be eaten, very beautiful. It is really nice that you have found a Canadian builder. I don't know anything about him, what made you pick him, is he well known locally.

Please update us once you have played it. Pictures of the finished product are definitly required. Enjoy your trip to Hawaii.

That looks lovely - the wood is beautiful. Please post pictures when it's finished!

That mango does look like a big slab of coffee cake that should be eaten, very beautiful. It is really nice that you have found a Canadian builder. I don't know anything about him, what made you pick him, is he well known locally.

Please update us once you have played it. Pictures of the finished product are definitly required. Enjoy your trip to Hawaii.

Dave, this local luthier is also an accomplished player who plays and leads at many of our uke meetups in the Vancouver area. I have lots of time to admire and hear his handcrafted ukes so once I sold my mango tenor as I favoured the smaller size ukes it seemed like a good opportunity to let Paul build my first custom soprano and to support him as a up and coming luthier.

Any updates on the li'l mango?

Top Bottom