Looking for online monthly lessons.

fretie

Reaction score
I realize I am on a learning plateau and would like to take an online lesson monthly to help push me forward efficiently.

I practice and play daily and can learn the basics of an instrumental piece quite quickly but then my playing levels off and improvements such as getting feeling and flow take ages.

Any suggestions of uke online teachers who might be able to accept me on a once or twice a month lesson basis?

BTW, I'm quite familiar with online lessons as I have been taking them, again one a month or so, for six years now with my bamboo flute.

Craig Chee is a fantastic instructor. I do a couple of lessons a month with him. Sarah Maisel is also excellent. You can't go wrong with either of them.

There are quite a few ukulele musicians that do online lessons via Skype.

The one I was considering is Stu Fuchs. You can google him, too.

Brad Bordessa, Hippieguy on UU, is amazing. Search some of his videos on Utube. He gives Skype lessons.

I'm starting weekly lessons with Matt dahlberg tomorrow. I believe he can offer a monthly flex lesson as well.

I'm starting weekly lessons with Matt dahlberg tomorrow. I believe he can offer a monthly flex lesson as well.

Yes, Matt's flex plan does look good.

I decided to go with Craig Chee who is also very flexible in terms of time frame between lessons.

Yes, Matt's flex plan does look good.

I decided to go with Craig Chee who is also very flexible in terms of time frame between lessons.

I think you will be very happy with your choice. He has an excellent reputation.

I second (or third) Sarah Maisel, Craig Chee, and Stu Fuchs. I've never had lessons with them, but I have done workshops with them all. They're all fantastic instructors and fantastic people. I know Sarah charges $30 for a half-hour and $50 for a full hour. I'd assume Craig and Stu would charge similarly.

I just had my first lesson with Matt yesterday, and really enjoyed it. He has a very "novel" way of teaching rhythm and strumming which I thougt was super clever, and made way more sense than what I've seen before. As a junior high music/choir/uke teacher, I really dig his approach, even on basic things like holding the uke. Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Yes alot of good choices given, Sarah and Craig, aaron hms,
Brittni, ....

Last edited:
Top Bottom