Mya-Moe Videos

DazW

Reaction score
Hi all, for any one looking to get into ukulele building I thought I'd recommend the 'Birth of a Mya-Moe' series available on youtube, just incase you haven't seen it yet.

Its a long haul, around 100 short videos in total but its worth the time.
I watched them over a few nights with a notepad and wrote down a lot of useful info. Im currently watching them again minus the notepad incase I missed anything.

Great bunch of people to watch and friendly, helpful advice given in a way anyone can understand.

I know how much I've learned from it, because I now watch other build videos I had seen previously, and actually understand what's going on! Instead of turning off halfway cos its over my head!
Highly recommended anyway, have a look if you have the time.
Cheers.

I agree. Fantastic series in amazing detail. I got to it through the man Mya Moe site.

Since I watched it I have managed to get a ukulele in the build schedule (#1721, one of the last slots). When construction on my instrument starts in September I plan to watch each step in the build again and visualize that it is actually mine being constructed.

I agree. Fantastic series in amazing detail. I got to it through the man Mya Moe site.

Since I watched it I have managed to get a ukulele in the build schedule (#1721, one of the last slots). When construction on my instrument starts in September I plan to watch each step in the build again and visualize that it is actually mine being constructed.

Excellent, you must be well pleased to get in the schedule. I'd love to commission a soprano, had a look on the website recently and really fancy a purpleheart one. Someday!

Last edited:
Top Bottom