Baby tenor

mariegan7

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a baby tenor ukulele? It is supposed to be between a concert and tenor in size. Someone told me that Pepe Romero Jr. makes them but I was wondering if there was anyone else who made them too.

Kamoa Grand Concert qualifies somewhat.

There is also one being sold new on e-bay for $450 w/ free shipping.

I think they are only Romero products.

Last edited:
Iriguchi Ukuleles in California makes a hybrid size. I believe Kamaka has a model that was made for Ohta San, they are pricey.

Kamoa Grand Concert qualifies somewhat.

Actually, I think it fits OP description better than a Tiny Tenor. It is between them, with a 16" scale, and a fatter concert length body, with a dreadnought guitar body look. Solid wood, $199 last I looked. Dying to try one. (Uke Republic usually has them)

Last edited:
Yes, I am looking for something in between a concert and tenor - 16" in scale. The concert fretboard gets a little tight in the upper frets so I am looking for more space but the tenor frets are still too wide for me.

The Kamaka Ohta-San has a 15-15/16" scale and a join at the 14th fret. I have one and the frets are just-this-side of too big for my little hands - highly recommended for those of us who want more room up the neck but can't play a tenor in first position.

I seem to remember our fellow member, David (saltytri), making some 16" scale ukes. I've not played one of his builds, but they sure look nice, and get heaps of praise from others here. Here's his site:

http://www.onoukuleles.com/

-Steve

Top Bottom