Any news on an Opio tenor?

Photojosh

Reaction score
I read on an older thread that Koaloha was starting on making an Opio tenor. Now, I have no idea if that is for real or not. Could just have been inaccurate internet chatter. But has anyone heard anything? With NAMM coming up, I somehow have hopes it would be announced there. But I also see that Koaloha is in the middle of a big move to a new location. So that may be taking up all their attention at the moment.

Last edited:
I tried the Opio Tenor last week at HMS's warehouse. I don't know if it was a prototype or not but it's real.

I tried the Opio Tenor last week at HMS's warehouse. I don't know if it was a prototype or not but it's real.

Yeah Daniel...it is for real...but lower price point...laminate woods...for now,but it sounds nice

So we're sort of back where we started? No real info on an Opio tenor?

*sigh*

Patience I suppose.

I am eagerly waiting for an Opio tenor but KoAlana is coming back with Indo made laminates? Interesting.

They are awesome! Such a great KoAloha sound, and very responsive and resonant. I cant wait to get them in my shop to be able to play them outside the chaos that is the sounds of NAMM! But even with all the chaos the sound really cut through. Yall are gonna love these!

Has anyone looked at the Opio bracing? I was wondering if the bracing is KoAloha style or conventional.

I emailed and asked Andrew about when is Opio tenor going to be available and he said it should be up in about 1 month!!!!!!!!!!
GET READY PPL! Who can resist a half price Koaloha with HMS setup! Unless you really want Koa or else this is is one of the best investment you can make :)

Last edited:
I emailed and asked Andrew about when is Opio tenor going to be available and he said it should be up in about 1 month!!!!!!!!!!
GET READY PPL! Who can resist a half price Koaloha with HMS setup! Unless you really want Koa or else this is is one of the best investment you can make :)

Well, since I just missed a nice deal on a Koaloha Tenor in the marketplace, I suppose I'll have to hang onto this bit of news as some ukulele sunshine for the day.

Nice to have an expected date.

Top Bottom