Martin style discontinued?

SamUke

Reaction score
Martin style 3 discontinued?

Howdy fellow ukers! I was checking Martin's site for specs on a uke and noticed they are no longer listing the 3M or 3K but still have the 3C on the site. Did they discontinue these?

-S

Last edited:
Probably either they already have too many in the sales channel so they aren't making more for a while, or they are only doing them as custom orders. I doubt they are completely not going to make any more.

Howdy fellow ukers! I was checking Martin's site for specs on a uke and noticed they are no longer listing the 3M or 3K but still have the 3C on the site. Did they discontinue these?

-S

You're right! They have disappeared from their site!

Petey

Late to this wave and an early exit?

There still seem to be plenty of them available through dealers. I'm hoping to do the Martin factory tour again in February-- maybe I'll see if I can scare up a 3K or 3M while I'm there. :)

Honestly, who would want a brand new 3M/K or 5K? Something tells me that they are not selling like hotcakes.

I'm pretty sure 2016 will be 100 years of uke at Martin. Maybe they are planning something special and are holding back to increase the supply for 2016 ?
I'm really hoping they will finish the bridges better ( put clear lacquer on them ) on their top end ukes.

Last edited:
Honestly, who would want a brand new 3M/K or 5K? Something tells me that they are not selling like hotcakes.

I agree that the older Martin's are nice for an investment, but the newer instruments are good players (if you get a good one). I purchased a used 3K for under 1K and it is a great player. Yes, the bridges do seem like an after thought.

I agree that the older Martin's are nice for an investment, but the newer instruments are good players (if you get a good one). I purchased a used 3K for under 1K and it is a great player. Yes, the bridges do seem like an after thought.

That's a screaming good deal for a modern 3K; if I could find one under a thousand, I'd probably own one, too. Otherwise, I somewhat agree with Kayaker; with prices on the modern instruments approaching the prices of a good vintage one, I'd be more inclined to go vintage.

Yeah, I thought it was a good deal. I'm curious to see if these will increase in value over time like the older ones, or just fade away.

Yeah, I thought it was a good deal. I'm curious to see if these will increase in value over time like the older ones, or just fade away.

Just fade away.

lol. Maybe...a big maybe...if there is another smiling "Jake" and the next uke wave swells up again like the wintertime Banzai Pipeline, and if we are still alive in another sixty year, and if everyone forgets about the besmirched Martin name of their sullied recent foray into imports and "starter" ukes, then the modern USA-manufactured Martins might have some collector value.

You know what...now that I think about it again, I'm talking nonsense.

Fade away. (lol)

Hey Steve! I have a 3M! LOL

The style 3 ukes shine best with advanced playing. I can't see beginners spending that much money on a style 3. It would be wasted. An S1 is perfectly fine as a beginner uke. I still love the style 2 and cherry 3! Will never get sick of those babies! hehe

Petey

Hey Steve! I have a 3M! LOL

The style 3 ukes shine best with advanced playing. I can't see beginners spending that much money on a style 3. It would be wasted. An S1 is perfectly fine as a beginner uke. I still love the style 2 and cherry 3! Will never get sick of those babies! hehe

Petey

Peter, my friend. Your videos remain so fun! i just outfitted a small home gym and must raise the funds to pay for it. If you want to try vintage, I'll make you a great deal, honest seller, buyer, friends. Just peruse my signature and if anything catches your eye, let me know. Steve

Peter, my friend. Your videos remain so fun! i just outfitted a small home gym and must raise the funds to pay for it. If you want to try vintage, I'll make you a great deal, honest seller, buyer, friends. Just peruse my signature and if anything catches your eye, let me know. Steve
Hi Steve,

You have a vintage collection worthy of King Midas! Thanks for the kind offer.

cheers!

Petey

Very intersting read, Bill.

Top Bottom