Pink 100% Fluorocarbon String set

Status
Not open for further replies.

komedy

Reaction score
SOLD Thank you

Last edited:
These look pretty wild/cool.

I never saw this brand before. Who makes these?

Searching online, I found no results that match the item in your photo.

Please share. :)

I bought these at a local ukulele shop exclusive to that shop locally only few years ago. i don't believe it was ever sold to others out of Hawaii. i went recently back to them to buy some more non Low G version but they say , what ever i got is the last of them . they don't make them anymore. if someone can figure out who makes these, please let me know.

Alright, who is secure enough in their manhood to rock pink strings on their uke?

Real men use any damned color they like! LOL

That's it! I'm coloring my strings. Get the Kool-aid!

I bought these at a local ukulele shop exclusive to that shop locally only few years ago. i don't believe it was ever sold to others out of Hawaii. i went recently back to them to buy some more non Low G version but they say , what ever i got is the last of them . they don't make them anymore. if someone can figure out who makes these, please let me know.

ok. Thanks for the info. I've seen fluorocarbon fishing leader in pink, maybe that is what they used?

My lovely wife's favorite color is pink which means that I sleep in pink sheets and a lot of pink décor in our home. NO SHAME at all. I'll take the tenor set. PM sent.

ok. Thanks for the info. I've seen fluorocarbon fishing leader in pink, maybe that is what they used?

Ya know, as a fishing guide, I've been thinking about fluorocarbon leader for strings. Has anyone tried this? Would be an inexpensive way to make strings. "What strings do you use?" "Orvis saltwater fluorocarbon"

In Japan, pink is the color of the warrior. It is associated with the cherry blossom, which falls before the flower withers.

Pm sent thanks, Tenor set spoken for

My lovely wife's favorite color is pink which means that I sleep in pink sheets and a lot of pink décor in our home. NO SHAME at all. I'll take the tenor set. PM sent.

yeah that's what I thought too. flouro carbon is just fishing line like Worth but they make worth string with specific diameters for to be used on ukuleles.
either way someone had to go thru a lot of lengths to find the diameters for each set.
Could it be that easy as buying fishing line at the store? if it is how can I measure the diameter for high G?

So...are both the concert strings gone. I'd like one :) OH, and yes there has been quite a long discussion about using fishing like somewhere here on UU. I thought about doing it but when I put together how many bucks I'd have to initially dish out for the good spools of fishing line I thought better of it.

two still available. Pm sent thanks.

So...are both the concert strings gone. I'd like one :) OH, and yes there has been quite a long discussion about using fishing like somewhere here on UU. I thought about doing it but when I put together how many bucks I'd have to initially dish out for the good spools of fishing line I thought better of it.

Sorry to be off-topic... but I felt this was worth mentioning...

Hi Bonesigh - I too considered getting 25-yd spools of like 6 different diameters of Seaguars FC fishing leader, but both Dirk from SouthCoast, and OneBadMonkey (from GHS) made a very good case (in different threads on this topic) that you can get locked in to thinking 'these are the best strings for every instrument I own', while this may not actually be the case and you end up trying to justify and rationalize the $150 you spent for a lifetime supply of strings, and are precluding yourself from other options because of your existing 'inventory'. So now I just get a few packs at a time of the ones I like for each instrument.

Of the more than a dozen ukes I own, each one sounds better with different strings, and while there are some commonalities across the board, there is a certain (and different) sound I want from each uke, and clear fluorocarbon strings will not allow that flexibility.

...sorry as I dont mean to derail the thread, but hopefully this will bump it up for the OP.

Thanks for the info Booli. Glad I decided not to do it after all :) I do believe that from the pm I got from komedy I've bought the last sets. Waiting for confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom