Seeking scale pattern diagrams for GCEA linear

aarondminnick

Reaction score
I've been looking around for a good scale pattern reference (major, minor, modes, pentatonic, blues) for GCEA linear uke (low G). I've found a bunch for re-entrant/high G (patterns starting on string 3) but would like to find some that take advantage of the extra fourth on the bottom. Any suggestions?

Here are the kinds of things I've found for re-entrant tuning--I'd like to find the same for linear:

I've been looking around for a good scale pattern reference (major, minor, modes, pentatonic, blues) for GCEA linear uke (low G). I've found a bunch for re-entrant/high G (patterns starting on string 3) but would like to find some that take advantage of the extra fourth on the bottom. Any suggestions?

Here are the kinds of things I've found for re-entrant tuning--I'd like to find the same for linear:
Forgive me here if I seem rude or naif about this. I don't want to make a fool of myself or appear a wise guy either, but gCEA and GCEA scales patterns are the same. the difference being low and high G are an octave apart. Any scale chart that lebels the fourth or G string has the identical notes. a G major scale (or any other scale) in linear tuning can start in on the fourth string and work its way up. (0xxx), 2xxx, (4xxx), x0xx, x200. xx0x,xx2x, xx3x.

This post shows the intervals in some different scales.

I have one for high and low G, but have no idea how to send it as I do not have a scanner program installed

I use GuitarToolKit on my phone. You can set it to a ukulele at just about any tuning, and it will give you every imaginable scale. (It also gives chord diagrams, has a tuner and a metronome... oh, and it will give you the name(s) of any chord fingering that you put in.)

Good stuff.

Top Bottom