NAMM anyone??

sonomajazz

Reaction score
Seem to recall a thread last year about NAMM...haven't seen anything recently...

Any specific uke activities this year? Recommendations??

Haven't been for 3-4 years...

Thanks

I'm going Thursday (day 1). Not toting my 'uke with me. Some people did last year and then met out front and played a bit. Not really ideal circumstances but it was fun to meet some of the folks.

I'm going Thursday (day 1). Not toting my 'uke with me. Some people did last year and then met out front and played a bit. Not really ideal circumstances but it was fun to meet some of the folks.

Well Aldrine is playing in Long Beach on Thurs so I assume some people will want to go there instead.

My younger brother's girlfriend got me in last year, but they broke up so now he's trying other avenues (he's an accomplished drummer). I'm also asking my nephews (my twin brother's kids) if they have any connections, one is a composers agent, the other is a composer working with a movie trailer agent.

Since it was my first time and was only a couple months post hip replacement, I didn't get around all that much, but if I get in this time, I'm going to try and get to as many uke booths as possible. I used the NAMM app on my iPhone last year, but it wasn't all that functional or accurate. I figure I'll go Saturday.

My younger brother's girlfriend got me in last year, but they broke up so now he's trying other avenues (he's an accomplished drummer). I'm also asking my nephews (my twin brother's kids) if they have any connections, one is a composers agent, the other is a composer working with a movie trailer agent.

Since it was my first time and was only a couple months post hip replacement, I didn't get around all that much, but if I get in this time, I'm going to try and get to as many uke booths as possible. I used the NAMM app on my iPhone last year, but it wasn't all that functional or accurate. I figure I'll go Saturday.

PM me if you are able to go...

I'll be at the GHS Booth (Hall C, Booth 4682) and wandering about from Thurs-Sat. Couple cool uke demos we have going on

Thurs - Dave DePonte (with yours truly on bass - 1:45pm
Fri - Craig Chee and Sarah Maisel - 10:45am
Sat - Craig Chee and Sarah Maisel - 11:45am
Sat - Jon Moody (yours truly) - 4:00pm

We've got some new sets coming out, so be sure to stop by the booth and say hello, and grab a set.

Somebody wander down to the koaloha/opio booth and see if there's any hint of that opio tenor!

Uke Republic will be there from Thurs-Sun. I think Sunday there is a ukulele circle.
I'll check out the KoAloha booth for sure on those tenor opio. I think we might see one. I know the KoAlana line is coming back as a laminate wood instrument made in Indonesia. I'll take lots of pics.

I'm going...but I can't go inside because I have no pass. Know of any extras? :-D

I'm going to see Aldrine's show on Thursday and Mim's Sideshow on Saturday night. And a bunch of UU people friends will be there and I will meet new friends, too. See you at the shows.

Come see the Lanikai and Kohala booth at 3240 in Hall D! I absolutely, positively guarantee you it will be the coolest/most ridiculous uke display to ever go up at NAMM!

We have some awesome ukulele acts playing as well

THE OOKS OF HAZZARD from Los Angeles ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdEd-N67EAg )
Friday @ 4PM
Saturday @ Noon

LA SANTA CECILIA Grammy Award Winners, Los Angeles ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-rf2iPFLcE )
Saturday @ 3PM

Also - if you come see me (Leon) then I will give you one of our Koa Makau necklaces or a real flower lei fresh from Hawaii. While supplies last, no joke!

Would love to meet some of you there, come say A-L-O-H-A.

Come see the Lanikai and Kohala booth at 3240 in Hall D! I absolutely, positively guarantee you it will be the coolest/most ridiculous uke display to ever go up at NAMM!

We have some awesome ukulele acts playing as well

THE OOKS OF HAZZARD from Los Angeles ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdEd-N67EAg )
Friday @ 4PM
Saturday @ Noon

LA SANTA CECILIA Grammy Award Winners, Los Angeles ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-rf2iPFLcE )
Saturday @ 3PM

Also - if you come see me (Leon) then I will give you one of our Koa Makau necklaces or a real flower lei fresh from Hawaii. While supplies last, no joke!

Would love to meet some of you there, come say A-L-O-H-A.

I'll look you up, Leon...
Would like to know more about the Four Strings Foundation...

I am interested in seeing what is new ... any one have a clue what Pono is doing this year?

Post picks and videos. Aldine did great interviews last year for NAMM ... posted them to YouTube ... does he do this every year?

Radius fret boards? ... lol ... that was Sonomojazz, Kaaty and few others ...

I'll be there everyday. Should be able to make it to fun booths now and again till Sunday. That's my fun day! I'll try to post pix on here.

Does anyone know of a iOs app that will allow me to post directly to UU forums from the show floor?

Top Bottom