PDA

View Full Version : For Trade: Pete Howlett koa tenor

seonachan
01-14-2015, 06:19 PM
TRADED

I picked up this wonderful tenor on the UU marketplace recently (you can see the original thread here (http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?102110-Howlett-Hawaiian-Koa-Tenor)).

It's got almost everything I like in a uke - super light build, great clarity and definition of notes, plays like a dream. I've just become more enamored of concert-sized bodies lately, so I'm hoping to trade this for a K-brand or similar quality concert or, preferably, a long neck / super concert. I can add a little cash to even things out for a nice model but I'd be happy with a plain model and/or one that's got a few bumps & bruises, so long as it sounds & plays right.

As described in the previous sale thread it's all solid koa, made of single boards top & back (i.e. not matchbooked with seams). It has a few small nicks and scratches in it, nothing obvious but a close inspection reveals that it's had some use but has been well taken care of at the same time. Good action and intonation, no buzzing, everything sounds & plays as it should. It has Pete's signature in pencil from 2011 (Helsinki build jam). Comes with a hard case.

katysax
01-15-2015, 05:22 AM
Meant to put this in PM.

Ernie
01-15-2015, 05:32 AM
Could you post a pic of the action at the 12th fret?

seonachan
01-16-2015, 08:21 AM
Here's a pic. I didn't have a tape measure handy when I snapped it, but I've since measured and it's right about 3mm, less than 1/8".

Pete Howlett
01-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Heel strap button NOT fitted by me. Please note - this is a course build uke executed as an exemplar to a 'quick build' class of novitiates with an oil finish and shovel headstock. This is not my 'standard' Hawaiian style offering. Nevertheless, it turned out a killer instrument.