Sometimes a setup cannot wait (and New Uke day)

kissing

Reaction score
Sometimes you just can't wait to get home to do a setup of your ukulele.

I bought the ukulele while I was out (impulse buy, it was very cheap) and bought some sandpaper from a hardware store and lowered the action at the park!

You know you have UAS when you can't even wait to get home to do a setup >_<

Keealoha mahogany baritone for $99 AUD, which by Australian standards is very cheap. It plays surprisingly well. Sounded and played better than some of the more expensive baritones in store. A deep, loud baritone sound and great playability once I replaced the stock strings with some high quality classical guitar strings and lowered the action.

Yup. That could UAS. I can totally relate.

Isn't it great that you understand what you want/need and can do it so easily?

I cant remember, but it was a very rough grit. The second roughest one on the shelf. Normally at home i would polish with a finer grit..but the wooden park bench surface sufficed for the final touch lol

Totally awesome UAS story!

Having the tools of the "trade" and knowing what to do with them helps a lot. FWIW Lowes (no financial interest) has a tin set of welding rod tip cleaning files (Blue Hawk) for $4. They are circular, in various diameters, and great for filing nut slots so the slots have a rounded bottom of appropriate diameter. Have used these "cleaning files" for quite a while on various instruments with great results.

Cool, likely 80 grit

love this story brother. be great if you could give us a little demo of her. cheers! :)

That's a lot of material removed from the saddle - I'll bet the action was pretty high!

I keep a tool kit in my van at all times, including sandpaper, needle files, super glue, wood glue, and duct tape. :)

Top Bottom