New Ukulele: TOM Concert

drbekken

Reaction score
http://youtu.be/t-2pMXEimMc

Here's a sound sample of my new TOM concert ukulele, made of laminated sapele wood. The video was shot on an iPhone, about one hour after I took the ukulele out of the box and tuned it. Please bear with me, sound-wise... So far, I have done no setup work.
The action at the nut is damn near perfect, whereas I might lower it just a little at the saddle. The instrument is very well made, and clean in every way. There is no glue residue or other marks on it. The intonation straight out of the box is very, very good; even way up the neck.
The strings are Aquilas, and the tuners are closed, geared die-cast
tuners of real quality.
My first impression is good indeed. The ukulele cost me less than 50 US Dollars, and that INCLUDES shipping from China to Norway!

Lovely intonation. Nice clear voice and very pretty. Has a very classic look to me Doc and for that price is really an amazing instrument. Watching that video itself is enough to convince me to buy one mate. And you play just so effortlessly and with such feeling, even when you are recording a sound sample. Just a great clip brother, thankyou.

Wonder if you would at all be interested to record a song with me from across the miles? I know someone who could help us out with the editing and the technology stuff. Will send you a PM here or on the facebook thingo.

Very nice uke indeed! I own a Tom tenor and a Rubin soprano. Both are great ukes at outstanding prices. It seems there are more ukes coming out of China that offer great valu for money. While I am sure this will do nothing to the market for mid and higher priced instruments I do wonder about some of the companies that concentrate on a more entry level price point. Kala/Makala, Mahalo, and some others seem to be facing some tougher competition these days providing solid entry level ukes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom