Do you play and sing to an inanimate object?

Jeffelele

Reaction score
Or am I the only one?

Okay, I admit that often when I am playing I find myself looking at my communist owl. Right in the eyes. You may ask, "How do you know the owl is a communist?" I know he's a commie because he is wearing a Hungarian Workers Party Lenin medal.

I don't know how he can defend such an affiliation. He refuses to talk.

So does anybody else have an object they play for? A chair, dish, set of encyclopedias?

Speak up. Don't leave me hanging here.

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_20150115_132151.jpg
    IMG_20150115_132151.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 66
hey there! dunno if this counts, because it moves :uhoh: but it's just a toy!

it's a little robot thing that responds to music by dancing

i've only had him since christmas :cool:

I play while watching TV all the time, does that count?

If you're singing into a camera ... ?

I'm a multi tasker, and I often play and even sing softly to myself while doing something else, which if course, requires me to be looking at something. Often it's reading something on the Computer, or watching a video documentary on youtube. I like your owl, though, and would like to have one of my own.

I don't play to any inanimate objects, but if I had an owl as cute as yours I might consider it.

Sometimes I play to myself in the mirror... is that an inanimate object? :p Hmmm... well, actually its only when I practice for a show. Else I play to a table lamp that shines light on my lyrics while working on songs.

Never had any complaints about my playing...but have been told I should sing only around inanimate, very sturdy, objects.

Do lighthouses or islands just out of sight count? Well, that light comes to life after dark, and the islands.......Oh yah.
Cheers,
R
2nqwjlw.jpg

! also play to my mirror. I also play to my Dwarf Nigerian goat herd (24 now ? after May) I class them as inanimate because they are far more critical than my mirror about my playing. All they do is criticize my playing. Can you imagine how demoralizing to have them all say, "Baaaaaaaaad"? I think I shall just play to the barn .... Thank you for the idea!!!!

I asked the owl to give me his opinion on what qualified for this thread but I couldn't get an answer out of him. That owl can be so infuriating. I've decided I'm just going to wait him out. We'll just have to see who cracks first.

So does anybody else have an object they play for? A chair, dish, set of encyclopedias?

Not FOR inanimate objects, but IN THE PRESENCE OF of them. Things like sofas, desks, bookcases, and other items incapable of leaving the room under their own power when I play. I DO play FOR my parrot, but she's ordinarily animate.

I asked the owl to give me his opinion on what qualified for this thread but I couldn't get an answer out of him. That owl can be so infuriating. I've decided I'm just going to wait him out. We'll just have to see who cracks first.

Lower the humidity in the room. The owl is likely to crack first.

Or am I the only one?

Okay, I admit that often when I am playing I find myself looking at my communist owl. Right in the eyes. You may ask, "How do you know the owl is a communist?" I know he's a commie because he is wearing a Hungarian Workers Party Lenin medal.

I don't know how he can defend such an affiliation. He refuses to talk.

Speak up. Don't leave me hanging here.

Jeff
OK Jeff fess up. The owl has the seven pointed star in his claw! I bet he's not Hungarian at all. He's probably Scottish. Make him Talk!

The only inanimate objects I play to are webcams and campfires, sunrises, and eclipses. Might try a rainbow someday.

Roza_Shanina.jpg

There's a doll sits in the background of most of my Seasons vids. Someone in a comment on one of them called her "Scary" so she now has her own song.

Whenever I play in my "studio" - the junk room allotted to me - I don't actually play to my inanimate objects, but I am certainly surrounded by them. They are largely a range of figurines including a Neanderthal Couple, a couple of walruses, various rams (I'm an Aries), Humpty Dumpty, the three little pigs, a female dwarf warrior, "Floc de Neu" (the famous, now deceased, white gorilla at Barcelona zoo), a dancing Siva nataraja, a contented looking Ganesh (elephant headed Hindu god), a souvenir gargoyle from Notre Dame, a variety of stones from all the countries I have visited as an adult and a couple of cute (non playable) bowl backed instrument models using a single walnut for the bowl and made by a very skilful woodworking friend of mine. Other detritus up here include a dartboard I have not used in years, various dead PCs or components, a collection of 400 LPs plus my record player (which no longer works) - and of course a ridiculous selection of instruments I seldom play (especially since taking up the uke).

Oh, and of course my extensive library - which is up here with me too!
(not counting all the sombre black coffin-like objects piled in one corner which are, of course, instrument cases!)

So, I guess I am a glutton for inanimate objects! Indeed, I can barely move up here for them! :cool:

IAmNoMan

The owl appears to have lost his birth certificate but is clearly Chinese.

He entered my life about eight years ago at a kite Festival in Long Beach Washington. It appears he somehow inserted himself into my luggage. I have been wondering if he had possibly become confused and thought he was in Washington DC.

At the time of his infiltration I had no knowledge of his Hungarian Communist background.

Despite risk to my person I have managed to get a close-up of the medal he wears. The writing on the medal tells the tale.

I bid you good day Sir.

Attachments

• IMG_20150117_133852.jpg
    IMG_20150117_133852.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom