Pono Pro Classic Rosewood Baritone - HMS

frets alot

Reaction score
I'm loving my baritone ukulele and am eyeing a Pono Pro Classic Baritone as an upgrade to what I currently have. I'm thinking the rosewood baritone. I think you can get it with either a spruce or cedar top. HMS is where I'd like to buy it from. But, they don't have any in stock.

I'm a fingerstyle player (40+ years on guitar) and that's how I play baritone too.

1. Would love some feedback from those of you who have the Pono Pro Classic ukes.

2. How often does HMS get these in stock, or do you just place an order with them?

Thanks.

I just saw one at HMS yesterday...try calling the store...it may be the only one they have left......

I have the RTSHC-PCS, Spruce/Rosewood tenor and absolutely love it. See Corey playing it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBWut2KqrNU. I've been thinking about getting a baritone partner for it. The radius fretboard plays like buttah.

Last edited:
hawaii 50 would know ... he is good friends with all of the HMS chaps.

I agree with rocky ... have three Pono Pro Classic Tenors ... will be selling one. Getting one of the Baritone RBSH C coming in March ... so get in line behind me ... LOL!

Pono Pro Classic instruments are tremendous and the radius fret board is fabulous. I think on a Baritone, it might be more of a significant feature.

Just got a Deluxe Mango Baritone and I cannot image a better sound or playing baritone and I have heard many. I was looking at the a radius fretboard, but this one is so easy to play that I don't think it is needed. I am a big fan of radius fretboard and love the compound of my Kinnard tenor. I guess it could be an advantage. Again, the set-up from HMS was so amazing, that I can't see the radius changing things so much.

Top Bottom