kala pickup trouble

kalmario

Reaction score
having a bit of mischief trying to sort out the pickup in my uke

the shop has already replaced the on board amp once, and it still cuts in and out

has anyone else found this sort of trouble?

cheers

Cliff

p.s. is a cutaway tenor with laminate mango, other than the pickup i love it!!

I'm not sure how it's setup but it always could be a dying battery, a shorted wire or a pickup thats not contacting a surface. Also check your guitar cord that you're using.

No sound from Kala Pickup

I have a kala tenor with a Shadow pickup that i cant get any sound out of. I don't have a real amp to hook it up to, only an amplified stereo system that works with an electric guitar. The pickup does give out a small sound if i turn the volume all the way up and put my ear to the speaker. Is an amp required to get sound out of an acoustic instrument? Batteries are fine, i bought new ones.
Did you have this problem before you had your first pickup replaced?

I had the same problem with an old Lanikai. My issue was caused by a damaged wire running from the pickup to the preamp.

If I reached into the soundhole and played around with the wire it would eventually start working, but if I moved too much the wire would shift and I'd lose the sound again.

98 out of 100 times it is not the preamp but the ribbon which needs to be changed on these new shadow nanoflex ribbons...

That probably explains my problem I'm having with my KALA KA-ASMTEC I just bought. I played it on a amp for the first time tonight and been trying to figure out why it was so staticky until now. So I reached my finger in through the sound hole and gave it a tap and it went away. But then the noise comes back again!

hi guys

the shop ended up replacing the pickup which seems to have sorted the problem out. was a hassle not having it for two weeks, but the service was all good. and sounds like it should now.

Cliff

Top Bottom