WTB gigbag for Kala Travel Pocket Uke

river_driver

Reaction score
Recently bought a used Kala Pocket Travel uke but the seller didn't have the fitted Kala gig bag for it. I know its probably a long shot, but does anyone have one of these gig bags available?

(BTW, I'm in Ohio USA and don't want to get into international shipping costs.)

I bought a gig bag that would fit a kala from Rubin Ukuleles it came from china with no taxes or shipping costs and I think it was under $15 total. I can take and post a picture of it if you 'd like.

Their is good news and bad news on this, the bad news is that Rubin doesn't have these up right now. The good news is someone here reported that Rubin expects to have a few new pocket uke models out this year.

Are the Kala ukes the same size as the TOM 17" ukes that show up on ebay? If so, you might contact one of the sellers of those and ask if they have an extra bag around they would sell.

Thanks Brian, I've seen those on Amazon (out of stock there too). I might end up having to settle for one of those, but the Rubins have a deeper body than the Kalas. The body depth on the Kala is only 1.5 inches, so it would flop around in that Rubin bag.

Josh, the Kala is just a hair over 16 inches long. It would fit a Tom gigbag, but it wouldn't be snug.

Last edited:
Thanks Brian, I've seen those on Amazon (out of stock there too). I might end up having to settle for one of those, but the Rubins have a deeper body than the Kalas. The body depth on the Kala is only 1.5 inches, so it would flop around in that Rubin bag.

Josh, the Kala is just a hair over 16 inches long. It would fit a Tom gigbag, but it wouldn't be snug.
No problem :)

but just as a point of information I haven't compared them side by side but the Kala and the Rubin are about the same thickness they are both more of a streamlined kala travel uke thickness. I measured it to be about 1.5 inches it is one binding width over 1.5"

The rubin isn't quite as loud as the Kala the Kala also sounds a little better to my ear but the finish seems a little better and playability for me is also a little better on the Rubin. (I am pretty sure they copied the Kala)

I would contact Kala. I know someone who purchased a pocket uke that didn't come with a bag and called Kala to see if she can purchase the Kala case cause the size matches and they just sent her one for free. There's no harm in trying right?

Bump. Kala CS wasn't able to help me out. Anyone?
Their uke and they couldn't help? That's odd...did you speak with someone or go through an email type system? I'd try again....and maybe try Elderly instruments, Uke Republic, ....or buy the smallest soprano case you can find and make do. Keep your eye on eBay too. Odd stuff ends up there all the time.

Bump. Kala CS wasn't able to help me out. Anyone?

http://www.kalabrand.com/support.html

I would contact Kala again by phone, e-mail or both. Last year at the 2014 San Diego 'Ukulele Festival, I won a Kala Thinline Travel Tenor from the raffle, but it did not come with the Kala Travel Gig Bag. I called and e-mailed Kala, and they shipped me one all at NO COST, FOR FREE. Contact them again and be insistent, but polite. That's a drop in the bucket for Mike Upton.

http://www.kalabrand.com/support.html

I would contact Kala again by phone, e-mail or both. Last year at the 2014 San Diego 'Ukulele Festival, I won a Kala Thinline Travel Tenor from the raffle, but it did not come with the Kala Travel Gig Bag. I called and e-mailed Kala, and they shipped me one all at NO COST, FOR FREE. Contact them again and be insistent, but polite. That's a drop in the bucket for Mike Upton.

I agree. It's a Kala. They HAVE to have access to bags.

Its a small ukulele that would swim in a regular soprano case but Im sure something interesting could be made from one with extra storage and the impact of pulling an even smaller instrument from it.

Of course there's this guys solution. I want a little coffin case for my full sized pocket ukulele but any shape should be simple enough.

Top Bottom